Essence Music Fest Taps Kanye, Mary J. Blige and More
Michelle Ebanks, president of Essence Communications Inc., has announced that this year's Essence Music Festival will be headlined by Kanye West and Mary J. Blige among others. These two will be joined by Trey Songz, Jill Scott as well as other artists who embody the spirit of rhythm and blues.
The New Orleans festival, which is in its 17th year, would be held over the course of three days as usual, beginning July 1, at Louisiana Superdome. Fans selected the musicians whom they want to see including some local artists like Irma Thomas, Kourtney Heart, the Charmaine Neville Band and Rebirth Brass Band.
Other artists set to take the stage are Charlie Wilson, Fantasia Barrino, Boyz II Men, Stephanie Mills, Macy Gray, Dwele, Alexander O'Neal & Cherrelle, Mint Condition, Kelly Price, M.C. Lyte and George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. More artists will be added later to the lineup.
For tickets and other info, log on to Essence.com.
More Kanye West News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says