Essence Music Fest Taps Kanye, Mary J. Blige and More
Michelle Ebanks, president of Essence Communications Inc., has announced that this year's Essence Music Festival will be headlined by Kanye West and Mary J. Blige among others. These two will be joined by Trey Songz, Jill Scott as well as other artists who embody the spirit of rhythm and blues.
The New Orleans festival, which is in its 17th year, would be held over the course of three days as usual, beginning July 1, at Louisiana Superdome. Fans selected the musicians whom they want to see including some local artists like Irma Thomas, Kourtney Heart, the Charmaine Neville Band and Rebirth Brass Band.
Other artists set to take the stage are Charlie Wilson, Fantasia Barrino, Boyz II Men, Stephanie Mills, Macy Gray, Dwele, Alexander O'Neal & Cherrelle, Mint Condition, Kelly Price, M.C. Lyte and George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. More artists will be added later to the lineup.
For tickets and other info, log on to Essence.com.
More Kanye West News
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?