Essence Music Fest Taps Kanye, Mary J. Blige and More
Michelle Ebanks, president of Essence Communications Inc., has announced that this year's Essence Music Festival will be headlined by Kanye West and Mary J. Blige among others. These two will be joined by Trey Songz, Jill Scott as well as other artists who embody the spirit of rhythm and blues.
The New Orleans festival, which is in its 17th year, would be held over the course of three days as usual, beginning July 1, at Louisiana Superdome. Fans selected the musicians whom they want to see including some local artists like Irma Thomas, Kourtney Heart, the Charmaine Neville Band and Rebirth Brass Band.
Other artists set to take the stage are Charlie Wilson, Fantasia Barrino, Boyz II Men, Stephanie Mills, Macy Gray, Dwele, Alexander O'Neal & Cherrelle, Mint Condition, Kelly Price, M.C. Lyte and George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. More artists will be added later to the lineup.
For tickets and other info, log on to Essence.com.
More Kanye West News
- Chrissy Teigen Naked in Bed in New Photos
- 'The Flash' Showrunner Promises Season 4 Will Be Fun and Less Dour
- Kourtney Kardashian Shacking Up With Younes Bendjima
- Nicolas Cage's Photo in Kazakhstani Garb Sparks Hilarious Memes on Twitter
- James Franco Unleashes Something Evil in 'The Vault' Trailer
- Tom Holland Wants to Date 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Co-Star Marisa Tomei
- Sara Sampaio Shares Topless Pic From Her Vacation in Mexico
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots