Essence Music Fest Taps Kanye, Mary J. Blige and More
Michelle Ebanks, president of Essence Communications Inc., has announced that this year's Essence Music Festival will be headlined by Kanye West and Mary J. Blige among others. These two will be joined by Trey Songz, Jill Scott as well as other artists who embody the spirit of rhythm and blues.
The New Orleans festival, which is in its 17th year, would be held over the course of three days as usual, beginning July 1, at Louisiana Superdome. Fans selected the musicians whom they want to see including some local artists like Irma Thomas, Kourtney Heart, the Charmaine Neville Band and Rebirth Brass Band.
Other artists set to take the stage are Charlie Wilson, Fantasia Barrino, Boyz II Men, Stephanie Mills, Macy Gray, Dwele, Alexander O'Neal & Cherrelle, Mint Condition, Kelly Price, M.C. Lyte and George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. More artists will be added later to the lineup.
For tickets and other info, log on to Essence.com.
More Kanye West News
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters