Taylor Lautner, Michael Bay Team Up for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'-Meets-'Wanted' Project
It was previously said that Michael Bay was courting Taylor Lautner to star in his movies for 2012 and beyond, and their collaboration has apparently begun. Deadline Hollywood reports the duo have sent out a script to all the major studios and the bidding has started on Wednesday, February 16.
Details of the project are kept under wraps but sources describe it as "Mr and Mrs Smith" meets "Wanted (2008)". Jason Hall is tapped to write the screenplay. Both Bay and Lautner are both are in town and available if any of the majors want a face-to-face, the site further says.
Taylor Lautner is currently on a brief break from shooting "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn" which first part will be released on November 18. He has several projects lining up next, including "Incarceron", "Stretch Armstrong" and an untitled spy thriller from New Regency. He additionally can be seen starring in "Abduction" which is set for September 23 U.S. release.
Michael Bay, meanwhile, has wrapped production for summer release "Transformers: Dark of the Moon". He also produced D.J. Caruso-directed "I Am Number Four" starring Alex Pettyfer and Dianna Agron.
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'