Taylor Lautner, Michael Bay Team Up for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'-Meets-'Wanted' Project
It was previously said that Michael Bay was courting Taylor Lautner to star in his movies for 2012 and beyond, and their collaboration has apparently begun. Deadline Hollywood reports the duo have sent out a script to all the major studios and the bidding has started on Wednesday, February 16.
Details of the project are kept under wraps but sources describe it as "Mr and Mrs Smith" meets "Wanted (2008)". Jason Hall is tapped to write the screenplay. Both Bay and Lautner are both are in town and available if any of the majors want a face-to-face, the site further says.
Taylor Lautner is currently on a brief break from shooting "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn" which first part will be released on November 18. He has several projects lining up next, including "Incarceron", "Stretch Armstrong" and an untitled spy thriller from New Regency. He additionally can be seen starring in "Abduction" which is set for September 23 U.S. release.
Michael Bay, meanwhile, has wrapped production for summer release "Transformers: Dark of the Moon". He also produced D.J. Caruso-directed "I Am Number Four" starring Alex Pettyfer and Dianna Agron.
More Taylor Lautner News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory