Taylor Lautner, Michael Bay Team Up for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'-Meets-'Wanted' Project
It was previously said that Michael Bay was courting Taylor Lautner to star in his movies for 2012 and beyond, and their collaboration has apparently begun. Deadline Hollywood reports the duo have sent out a script to all the major studios and the bidding has started on Wednesday, February 16.
Details of the project are kept under wraps but sources describe it as "Mr and Mrs Smith" meets "Wanted (2008)". Jason Hall is tapped to write the screenplay. Both Bay and Lautner are both are in town and available if any of the majors want a face-to-face, the site further says.
Taylor Lautner is currently on a brief break from shooting "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn" which first part will be released on November 18. He has several projects lining up next, including "Incarceron", "Stretch Armstrong" and an untitled spy thriller from New Regency. He additionally can be seen starring in "Abduction" which is set for September 23 U.S. release.
Michael Bay, meanwhile, has wrapped production for summer release "Transformers: Dark of the Moon". He also produced D.J. Caruso-directed "I Am Number Four" starring Alex Pettyfer and Dianna Agron.
More Taylor Lautner News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen