Taylor Lautner, Michael Bay Team Up for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'-Meets-'Wanted' Project
It was previously said that Michael Bay was courting Taylor Lautner to star in his movies for 2012 and beyond, and their collaboration has apparently begun. Deadline Hollywood reports the duo have sent out a script to all the major studios and the bidding has started on Wednesday, February 16.
Details of the project are kept under wraps but sources describe it as "Mr and Mrs Smith" meets "Wanted (2008)". Jason Hall is tapped to write the screenplay. Both Bay and Lautner are both are in town and available if any of the majors want a face-to-face, the site further says.
Taylor Lautner is currently on a brief break from shooting "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn" which first part will be released on November 18. He has several projects lining up next, including "Incarceron", "Stretch Armstrong" and an untitled spy thriller from New Regency. He additionally can be seen starring in "Abduction" which is set for September 23 U.S. release.
Michael Bay, meanwhile, has wrapped production for summer release "Transformers: Dark of the Moon". He also produced D.J. Caruso-directed "I Am Number Four" starring Alex Pettyfer and Dianna Agron.
More Taylor Lautner News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'