Carrie Underwood Gets Religious in 'Soul Surfer' Clip
A scene featuring Carrie Underwood in "Soul Surfer" has been clipped and debuted online. Portraying a church youth leader, the singer-turned-actress is seen challenging AnnaSophia Robb's Bethany and her friends to look at their world with God's perspective.
Another clip from the movie has also made its way out via Soul Surfer Wave, this time giving a sneak peek to a dramatic scene with Bethany and Dennis Quaid's Tom Hamilton in which the young girl asks her father when she can surf again. This is very likely happening after Bethany lost her arm in a tragic accident.
"Soul Surfer" is a biopic of surfing icon Bethany Hamilton. Her promising surfing career was derailed after she lost her arm in a shark attack at age 13. With support from her family and friends, she defied all odds to compete and win professional championships.
Sean McNamara directs the movie and teams up with Deborah Schwartz, Douglas Schwartz and Michael Berk to write the script. Starring also Helen Hunt as Bethany's mother, the sports drama will hit theaters across the nation on April 8.
'Soul Surfer' clip 'RAD Nite Youth Group'
'Soul Surfer' clip 'I Can Do All Things'
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments