Carrie Underwood Gets Religious in 'Soul Surfer' Clip
A scene featuring Carrie Underwood in "Soul Surfer" has been clipped and debuted online. Portraying a church youth leader, the singer-turned-actress is seen challenging AnnaSophia Robb's Bethany and her friends to look at their world with God's perspective.
Another clip from the movie has also made its way out via Soul Surfer Wave, this time giving a sneak peek to a dramatic scene with Bethany and Dennis Quaid's Tom Hamilton in which the young girl asks her father when she can surf again. This is very likely happening after Bethany lost her arm in a tragic accident.
"Soul Surfer" is a biopic of surfing icon Bethany Hamilton. Her promising surfing career was derailed after she lost her arm in a shark attack at age 13. With support from her family and friends, she defied all odds to compete and win professional championships.
Sean McNamara directs the movie and teams up with Deborah Schwartz, Douglas Schwartz and Michael Berk to write the script. Starring also Helen Hunt as Bethany's mother, the sports drama will hit theaters across the nation on April 8.
'Soul Surfer' clip 'RAD Nite Youth Group'
'Soul Surfer' clip 'I Can Do All Things'
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly