Guy Ritchie Offered to Direct '300' Sequel, 'Xerxes'
It appears that Zack Snyder will not direct "Xerxes" which will serve as a follow-up to his 2009 epic movie "300" and has a script written by him. Warner Bros. has reportedly offered the helming position to Guy Ritchie who is currently putting finishing touch to "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows".
While Snyder said he had not signed up for the directing duty, many believed that he will serve behind the lens of "Xerxes". But it now seems to be impossible as insiders tell New York Magazine's Vulture that WB wants Snyder to focus on "The Man of Steel" script which suffers "major third-act problems."
Another theory says the studio may want Snyder to be cooling just a bit after his last two films, "Watchmen" and "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole", underperformed. Moreover, WB is allegedly not pleased with "Sucker Punch" which "tested poorly". "It was bad; like, really bad. They're [Warner Bros.] really not happy with it over there," says an insider.
Just like "300", "Xerxes" is based on Frank Miller's graphic novels. The story will revolve around "Themistocles and the Battle of Artemisium, which coincidentally happens on the exact same three days as the Battle of Thermopylae [which was the basis of '300']."
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth