Lady GaGa's MSG Monster Ball Special to Air May 7
The U.S. release of Lady GaGa's much-anticipated album "Born This Way" on May 23 is going to be preceded by an airing of Monster Ball special on May 7. Dubbed "Lady GaGa Presents the Monster Ball Tour at Madison Square Garden", it will be directed by her longtime choreographer Laurieann Gibson and taped during her February 21-22 shows at MSG.
"Lady GaGa is the single most exciting music talent on the scene today," said HBO president Sue Naegle. "We're especially thrilled that she'll be creating unique new elements for the special that will make the show an even more memorable experience for our viewers."
Other kinds of promotional efforts such as interviews and TV appearances most likely have filled GaGa's calendar as well. This month alone, she has visited Grammy Awards for a first-time-ever live performance of "Born This Way", and her interview with Anderson Cooper was aired just before the show.
She additionally has done radio interview with Ryan Seacrest and dropped by "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" for another chat. In the Jay Leno talk show, she mentioned about her music video which is coming out soon. She said it is a collaboration between her own Haus of GaGa and fashion photographer Nick Knight.
GaGa also addressed Madonna reference in "Born This Way". She insisted the Material Girl approved the so-called new gay anthem, "There is really no one that is a more adoring and loving Madonna fan than me. I am the hugest fan personally and professionally. Well, the good news is that I got an email from her people and her, sending me their love and complete support on behalf of the single and if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be."
More Lady GaGa News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny