Irina Shayk Launches SI's Swimsuit Cover at NY Party
On Monday, February 14 night, Irina Shayk was revealed as the new girl for Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Issue cover on "Late Show with David Letterman". The Russia-born model has appeared in the magazine four times before but this is the first time she is featured on the cover and the first time a Russian takes such title.
Waiting with a number of other models on the backstage, the 25-year-old shed a tear when her name was called out as the claimer of the coveted spot. The next day, she was the main lady at a party held in New York to celebrate the new issue, debuting the cover which was shot in Hawaii and the Philippines a few months ago.
Last year's cover Brookyln Decker attended the red carpet event along with other models like Izabel Goulart, Alyssa Miller, Kate Upton and Hilary Rhoda. These girls were among the nine other models who also shot for the magazine's cover but did not get picked. Shayk's boyfriend Cristiano Ronaldo also came to support her, wearing brown leather jacket and blue shirt.
That day Shayk had to get up early in the morning to do an interview with "Today" show where she revealed about her reaction. "To be on the cover of Sports Illustrated is a dream come true," she said. "We Russians, you know, we know all the secrets, but I didn't know I was landing on the cover of Sports Illustrated, and it was so surprising to me. I was in shock; I was crying."
More Irina Shayk News
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'