Report: 'Live to Dance' Axed, Paula Abdul 'Devastated'
For failing to generate the kind of ratings that please CBS, "Live to Dance" reportedly is axed after one season only. Paula Abdul, who makes this a comeback to reality show after ditching "American Idol" allegedly is "devastated" by the news.
Radar Online found out from a "source" that the bad news was delivered by phone on Friday, February 11 and Paula spent the weekend mourning. "She spent the weekend at her home, surrounded by friends, rehashing CBS' devastating decision and wondering what she would do next," a source said.
The dance show started strong with 10.2 million viewers but by the end of the season, it only drew 4 million. The show which garnered mixed reviews was consequently one of the lowest rated programs on the four major networks (FOX, ABC, NBC and CBS).
But Paula was not quitting without a fight. The source added, "Paula loved that show and she hoped CBS would give it at least one more season to win viewers. But they were just not willing to take that risk."
It was rumored back then that Paula is considered to be one of the judges on Simon Cowell's "The X Factor (US)". However, "she's not been asked," the source said, adding "Now all she can do is sit tight and wait to see if her phone rings, and if it does, hope it will be Simon on the other end."
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors