Barbra Streisand Is Sorry for Harsh Comment on 'Glee'
Barbra Streisand is sorry for her comment about "Glee" which many took the wrong way. During Grammy's MusiCares tribute event on Friday, February 11, the veteran actress was asked whether she wants a guest spot on the popular musical show, and she said, "Not if I can help it." Feeling bad about it, she wrote a clarification on her website.
"When asked if I would ever appear on 'Glee,' I should have said, 'You never know.' It was wrong to say, 'Not if I can help it'," she wrote. "What I meant was that I've been overwhelmed preparing for my performance on MusiCares, the Grammys, recording a new album, and starting a new movie. So I couldn't take on any more work, and besides that, I wasn't asked."
The statement continued, "I'm so honored that a lead character on 'Glee' is so admiring of my work. In my speech at MusiCares, I thanked them 'for exposing young people to music they might otherwise not hear today: Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, and Darren Crissâ�¦you're all so gifted'."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!