Barbra Streisand Is Sorry for Harsh Comment on 'Glee'
Barbra Streisand is sorry for her comment about "Glee" which many took the wrong way. During Grammy's MusiCares tribute event on Friday, February 11, the veteran actress was asked whether she wants a guest spot on the popular musical show, and she said, "Not if I can help it." Feeling bad about it, she wrote a clarification on her website.
"When asked if I would ever appear on 'Glee,' I should have said, 'You never know.' It was wrong to say, 'Not if I can help it'," she wrote. "What I meant was that I've been overwhelmed preparing for my performance on MusiCares, the Grammys, recording a new album, and starting a new movie. So I couldn't take on any more work, and besides that, I wasn't asked."
The statement continued, "I'm so honored that a lead character on 'Glee' is so admiring of my work. In my speech at MusiCares, I thanked them 'for exposing young people to music they might otherwise not hear today: Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, and Darren Crissâ�¦you're all so gifted'."
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks