Barbra Streisand Is Sorry for Harsh Comment on 'Glee'
Barbra Streisand is sorry for her comment about "Glee" which many took the wrong way. During Grammy's MusiCares tribute event on Friday, February 11, the veteran actress was asked whether she wants a guest spot on the popular musical show, and she said, "Not if I can help it." Feeling bad about it, she wrote a clarification on her website.
"When asked if I would ever appear on 'Glee,' I should have said, 'You never know.' It was wrong to say, 'Not if I can help it'," she wrote. "What I meant was that I've been overwhelmed preparing for my performance on MusiCares, the Grammys, recording a new album, and starting a new movie. So I couldn't take on any more work, and besides that, I wasn't asked."
The statement continued, "I'm so honored that a lead character on 'Glee' is so admiring of my work. In my speech at MusiCares, I thanked them 'for exposing young people to music they might otherwise not hear today: Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, and Darren Crissâ�¦you're all so gifted'."
More Glee News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'