Barbra Streisand Is Sorry for Harsh Comment on 'Glee'
Barbra Streisand is sorry for her comment about "Glee" which many took the wrong way. During Grammy's MusiCares tribute event on Friday, February 11, the veteran actress was asked whether she wants a guest spot on the popular musical show, and she said, "Not if I can help it." Feeling bad about it, she wrote a clarification on her website.
"When asked if I would ever appear on 'Glee,' I should have said, 'You never know.' It was wrong to say, 'Not if I can help it'," she wrote. "What I meant was that I've been overwhelmed preparing for my performance on MusiCares, the Grammys, recording a new album, and starting a new movie. So I couldn't take on any more work, and besides that, I wasn't asked."
The statement continued, "I'm so honored that a lead character on 'Glee' is so admiring of my work. In my speech at MusiCares, I thanked them 'for exposing young people to music they might otherwise not hear today: Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, and Darren Crissâ�¦you're all so gifted'."
More Glee News
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'