Barbra Streisand Is Sorry for Harsh Comment on 'Glee'
Barbra Streisand is sorry for her comment about "Glee" which many took the wrong way. During Grammy's MusiCares tribute event on Friday, February 11, the veteran actress was asked whether she wants a guest spot on the popular musical show, and she said, "Not if I can help it." Feeling bad about it, she wrote a clarification on her website.
"When asked if I would ever appear on 'Glee,' I should have said, 'You never know.' It was wrong to say, 'Not if I can help it'," she wrote. "What I meant was that I've been overwhelmed preparing for my performance on MusiCares, the Grammys, recording a new album, and starting a new movie. So I couldn't take on any more work, and besides that, I wasn't asked."
The statement continued, "I'm so honored that a lead character on 'Glee' is so admiring of my work. In my speech at MusiCares, I thanked them 'for exposing young people to music they might otherwise not hear today: Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, and Darren Crissâ�¦you're all so gifted'."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?