Video: Eminem and Lil Wayne Spoofed on 'SNL'
In anticipation of the 2011 Grammy Awards taking place on Sunday, February 13 as well as Valentine's Day the next day, "Saturday Night Live" combined the two worlds. During Weekend Update, Taran Killam's Eminem and Jay Pharoah's Lil Wayne were welcomed as guests to talk about their new love song.
Pharoah did a pretty impressive version of Weezy but it was Killam's version of the Slim Shady that had people cheering. Killam spit the verses in an angry manner like Eminem, deliberately skipping some lyrics and ending the song with "knife". Seth Meyers objected to the idea of the song which contains the phrases " 'till the police came" and "in a coffin".
The February 12 episode was actually hosted by Russell Brand whom people said did not generate much laughters. The comedian appeared as an American, the king in "The King's Speech" spoof and an old lady among others. Chris Brown was the musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host