Video: Eminem and Lil Wayne Spoofed on 'SNL'
In anticipation of the 2011 Grammy Awards taking place on Sunday, February 13 as well as Valentine's Day the next day, "Saturday Night Live" combined the two worlds. During Weekend Update, Taran Killam's Eminem and Jay Pharoah's Lil Wayne were welcomed as guests to talk about their new love song.
Pharoah did a pretty impressive version of Weezy but it was Killam's version of the Slim Shady that had people cheering. Killam spit the verses in an angry manner like Eminem, deliberately skipping some lyrics and ending the song with "knife". Seth Meyers objected to the idea of the song which contains the phrases " 'till the police came" and "in a coffin".
The February 12 episode was actually hosted by Russell Brand whom people said did not generate much laughters. The comedian appeared as an American, the king in "The King's Speech" spoof and an old lady among others. Chris Brown was the musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses