Video: Eminem and Lil Wayne Spoofed on 'SNL'
In anticipation of the 2011 Grammy Awards taking place on Sunday, February 13 as well as Valentine's Day the next day, "Saturday Night Live" combined the two worlds. During Weekend Update, Taran Killam's Eminem and Jay Pharoah's Lil Wayne were welcomed as guests to talk about their new love song.
Pharoah did a pretty impressive version of Weezy but it was Killam's version of the Slim Shady that had people cheering. Killam spit the verses in an angry manner like Eminem, deliberately skipping some lyrics and ending the song with "knife". Seth Meyers objected to the idea of the song which contains the phrases " 'till the police came" and "in a coffin".
The February 12 episode was actually hosted by Russell Brand whom people said did not generate much laughters. The comedian appeared as an American, the king in "The King's Speech" spoof and an old lady among others. Chris Brown was the musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing
- Pregnant Beyonce Is Keeping Kim Kardashian Away From Her