2011 Grammys: Eminem Wins Best Rap Album, Arcade Fire Get Album of the Year
The February 13 live telecast of 2011 Grammy Awards finally comes to an end. Closing the star-studded Biggest Music Night is announcement of top honor, Album of the Year, and the winner is Arcade Fire. The band bring home the gong for their album "The Suburbs".
Arcade Fire win over Eminem ("Recovery"), Lady Antebellum ("Need You Now"), Lady GaGa ("The Fame Monster") and Katy Perry ("Teenage Dream"). "We're gonna play another song, because we love music," Win Butler says.
Before the top honor winner is revealed, Lady Antebellum are handed Record of the Year, thanks to their album "Need You Now". In total, the country music group lead full winners list with five prizes including Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals and Best Country Album.
The Slim Shady is announced as the recipient of Best Rap Album by presenters duo Nicki Minaj and will.i.am. Although having won Golden Gramophones before, the rapper still finds his win "crazy." He thanks his label, Dr. Dre and manager Paul Rosenberg. "What up, Detroit!" he shouted. "Stand up!"
Beside announced at the live telecast, some other winners were unveiled during the Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party a day prior.
- Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals: Train - "Hey, Soul Sister (Live)"
- Best Female Country Vocal Performance: Miranda Lambert - "The House That Built Me"
- Best Rock Album: Muse - "The Resistance"
- Best Pop Vocal Album: Lady GaGa - "The Fame Monster"
- Best Country Album: Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
- Song of the Year: Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
- Best New Artist: Esperanza Spalding
- Best Rap Album: Eminem - "Recovery"
- Record of the Year: Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
- Album of the Year: Arcade Fire - "The Suburbs"
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3