2011 Grammys: Eminem Wins Best Rap Album, Arcade Fire Get Album of the Year
The February 13 live telecast of 2011 Grammy Awards finally comes to an end. Closing the star-studded Biggest Music Night is announcement of top honor, Album of the Year, and the winner is Arcade Fire. The band bring home the gong for their album "The Suburbs".
Arcade Fire win over Eminem ("Recovery"), Lady Antebellum ("Need You Now"), Lady GaGa ("The Fame Monster") and Katy Perry ("Teenage Dream"). "We're gonna play another song, because we love music," Win Butler says.
Before the top honor winner is revealed, Lady Antebellum are handed Record of the Year, thanks to their album "Need You Now". In total, the country music group lead full winners list with five prizes including Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals and Best Country Album.
The Slim Shady is announced as the recipient of Best Rap Album by presenters duo Nicki Minaj and will.i.am. Although having won Golden Gramophones before, the rapper still finds his win "crazy." He thanks his label, Dr. Dre and manager Paul Rosenberg. "What up, Detroit!" he shouted. "Stand up!"
Beside announced at the live telecast, some other winners were unveiled during the Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party a day prior.
- Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals: Train - "Hey, Soul Sister (Live)"
- Best Female Country Vocal Performance: Miranda Lambert - "The House That Built Me"
- Best Rock Album: Muse - "The Resistance"
- Best Pop Vocal Album: Lady GaGa - "The Fame Monster"
- Best Country Album: Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
- Song of the Year: Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
- Best New Artist: Esperanza Spalding
- Best Rap Album: Eminem - "Recovery"
- Record of the Year: Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
- Album of the Year: Arcade Fire - "The Suburbs"
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role