Artist of the Week: Jessie J
Although Lady GaGa's new single "Born This Way" sold 60,000 copies-plus in just 34 hours, it could not top the single by Jessie J at the U.K. Singles chart. A newcomer in the music industry, Jessie is one to watch out this year for she has won the major music lovers in U.K. with her collaboration with American rapper B.o.B, and her victory at the BRITs.
This week at the singles chart, "Price Tag" holds on to its first position which she claimed last week. It also stopped "Champion", the new single from Chipmunk featuring R 'n' B star Chris Brown, from taking the throne. According to Official Chart Update, "Price Tag" and "Champion" recorded strong sales of more than 90,000 each but there was a winning margin of less than 5%.
Her first album, "Who You Are", will be released in the United States on February 25, boasting as well a hit called "Do It Like a Dude" which Jessie said is "about male egos in the music industry". She has begun promoting the effort with a number of U.K. dates which will soon be followed by others.
Asked whether she's ready for a world domination, the 22-year-old songwriter/singer said, "You do it behind the scenes for so long and then your dreams come true. Now I'm ready to take the flag around the world representing the U.K."
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017