Artist of the Week: Jessie J
Although Lady GaGa's new single "Born This Way" sold 60,000 copies-plus in just 34 hours, it could not top the single by Jessie J at the U.K. Singles chart. A newcomer in the music industry, Jessie is one to watch out this year for she has won the major music lovers in U.K. with her collaboration with American rapper B.o.B, and her victory at the BRITs.
This week at the singles chart, "Price Tag" holds on to its first position which she claimed last week. It also stopped "Champion", the new single from Chipmunk featuring R 'n' B star Chris Brown, from taking the throne. According to Official Chart Update, "Price Tag" and "Champion" recorded strong sales of more than 90,000 each but there was a winning margin of less than 5%.
Her first album, "Who You Are", will be released in the United States on February 25, boasting as well a hit called "Do It Like a Dude" which Jessie said is "about male egos in the music industry". She has begun promoting the effort with a number of U.K. dates which will soon be followed by others.
Asked whether she's ready for a world domination, the 22-year-old songwriter/singer said, "You do it behind the scenes for so long and then your dreams come true. Now I'm ready to take the flag around the world representing the U.K."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby