2011 Grammys: Lady GaGa and Lady Antebellum Add More Golden Gramophones
Lady GaGa and Lady Antebellum bag more coveted prizes at the live telecast of the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards taking place at Los Angeles' Staples Center. The former wins Best Pop Vocal Album for her "The Fame Monster", and the latter gets Best Country Album and Song of the Year.
"I need to thank Whitney Houston," the Mother Monster says. "I wanted to thank Whitney, because when I wrote 'Born This Way,' I imagined she was singing it -- because I wasn't secure enough in myself to imagine i was a superstar. So, Whitney, I imagined you were singing born this way when I wrote it."
Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum, meanwhile, thanks all. "This past year has completely changed our whole lives and we love you all," she says when collecting one of their Golden Gramophones. Earlier that night, they performed the winning song with "Glee" 's Lea Michele and the Green Bay Packers' Clay Matthews introducing them.
The other winners are Muse and Esperanza Spalding. The band win Best Rock Album for "The Resistance", beating Jeff Beck, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers and Neil Young. Calling the victory as "a great, genuine surprise," Matthew Bellamy thanks his "beautiful, pregnant girlfriend over there" Kate Hudson.
As for Spalding, she has certainly upset the Beliebers - she snatches Best New Artist prize from competitor Justin Bieber. She additionally pushes aside Drake, Florence and the Machine and Mumford & Sons to win the title.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'