Aniston's 'Just Go with It' Wins Over Bieber's 'Never Say Never' at Box Office
The latest North American Box Office sees a showdown between "Just Go with It" and "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never". As predicted before, the two movies were battling their way to the top spot, but it is the Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler-starring film which finally snatches the crown.
The romantic comedy debuts with $30.5 million, which is less than a million more than the number grossed by Justin Bieber's 3-D movie. The concert documentary rakes in $29.5 million on its first weekend.
"Just Go with It", which is panned by critics and deemed "too predictable", is surprisingly appealing to both women and men as it draws a crowd that is 42 percent male. "Never Say Never" which gets strong reviews, in the meantime, has audience consisting of 84 percent female and 67 percent under 25.
Other major debuts this week are "Gnomeo and Juliet" and "The Eagle". The Disney movie lands on number three and surpasses people's expectation with $25.4 million, in addition to scoring the biggest February opening ever for an animated film. The epic movie featuring Channing Tatum is not that charming, landing on number four with $8.7 million.
Last week's champion "The Roommate" jumps down to number five with an additional $8.1 million.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for February 4-6:
- "Just Go with It" - $30.5 million
- "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" - $29.5 million
- "Gnomeo and Juliet" - $25.4 million
- "The Eagle" - $8.7 million
- "The Roommate" - $8.1 million
- "The King's Speech" - $7.2 million
- "No Strings Attached" - $5.8 million
- "Sanctum" - $5.7 million
- "True Grit" - $3.8 million
- "The Green Hornet" - $3.7 million
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars