2011 Grammys: Christina Aguilera Takes a Tumble During Aretha Franklin Tribute
The so-called Music Biggest Night at the Staples Center is opened with a start-studded performance in honor of music veteran Aretha Franklin. Introduced by LL Cool J, the opening set sees Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Florence Welch, Yolanda Adams and Martina McBride performing together for the very first time.
They sing a rendition of "(You Me Make Feel Like A) Natural Woman" together before proceeding with their solo performances. Aguilera who was recently criticized for infamously messing up National Anthem lyrics at the Super Bowl, does not miss a beat when tackling Franklin's "Ain't No Way" at this 2011 Grammy Awards.
McBride sings "Until You Come Back to Me", the lead singer of Florence and the Machine delivers "Think (Freedom)," Hudson belts out "Respect," Adams brings "Spirit in the Dark", and then together again the five women close it with "Sisters Are Doing It for Themselves".
The audience immediately give them standing ovation soon after the joint performances come to an end. Aguilera is caught on camera slipping and falling on the floor, but she quickly stands up with the help from fellow performers. Franklin appears in a video message, sending her gratitude for the tribute and explaining why she can't be there that night. "But next year, OK?" she said.
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media