2011 Grammys: Christina Aguilera Takes a Tumble During Aretha Franklin Tribute
The so-called Music Biggest Night at the Staples Center is opened with a start-studded performance in honor of music veteran Aretha Franklin. Introduced by LL Cool J, the opening set sees Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Florence Welch, Yolanda Adams and Martina McBride performing together for the very first time.
They sing a rendition of "(You Me Make Feel Like A) Natural Woman" together before proceeding with their solo performances. Aguilera who was recently criticized for infamously messing up National Anthem lyrics at the Super Bowl, does not miss a beat when tackling Franklin's "Ain't No Way" at this 2011 Grammy Awards.
McBride sings "Until You Come Back to Me", the lead singer of Florence and the Machine delivers "Think (Freedom)," Hudson belts out "Respect," Adams brings "Spirit in the Dark", and then together again the five women close it with "Sisters Are Doing It for Themselves".
The audience immediately give them standing ovation soon after the joint performances come to an end. Aguilera is caught on camera slipping and falling on the floor, but she quickly stands up with the help from fellow performers. Franklin appears in a video message, sending her gratitude for the tribute and explaining why she can't be there that night. "But next year, OK?" she said.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!