2011 Grammys: Lady GaGa's Performance of 'Born This Way'
Lady GaGa showed up inside an egg shell during the red carpet of 2011 Grammy Awards but the bizarre outfit made sense once she performed on the stage. Singing live for the first time her new single, Lady GaGa gave a meaning to "Born This Way" by hatching from the egg, "this way".
She wore a see-through yolk-ish yellow costume which was topped with Star Trek sleeves, TV-friendly nipple pasties, black lipsticks and Ginny-like hairstyle. Half-way through the song, she played the organ surrounded by gleaming mannequin heads, switching the club-anthem to a powerful ballad. At the end of it, her dancers who carried her egg on the red carpet, took off the latex outfit to appear as if they were naked. GaGa joined them to be one of the "nakeds".
"Born This Way" is the first single from GaGa's new album of the same name. It is an anthem for the LGBT community with the lyrics, "No matter gay, straight, or bi, lesbian, transgendered life/ I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive."
Before the Grammy show, GaGa's Twitter followers got the message, "This is Nicola, Haus of Gaga: Gaga is in incubation. Tonight's performance is in collaboration with Hussein Chalayan and House of Mugler. X". Words are, GaGa spent three hours inside the egg to get into the character and used oxygen tank to breathe.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones