2011 Grammys: Lady GaGa's Performance of 'Born This Way'
Lady GaGa showed up inside an egg shell during the red carpet of 2011 Grammy Awards but the bizarre outfit made sense once she performed on the stage. Singing live for the first time her new single, Lady GaGa gave a meaning to "Born This Way" by hatching from the egg, "this way".
She wore a see-through yolk-ish yellow costume which was topped with Star Trek sleeves, TV-friendly nipple pasties, black lipsticks and Ginny-like hairstyle. Half-way through the song, she played the organ surrounded by gleaming mannequin heads, switching the club-anthem to a powerful ballad. At the end of it, her dancers who carried her egg on the red carpet, took off the latex outfit to appear as if they were naked. GaGa joined them to be one of the "nakeds".
"Born This Way" is the first single from GaGa's new album of the same name. It is an anthem for the LGBT community with the lyrics, "No matter gay, straight, or bi, lesbian, transgendered life/ I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive."
Before the Grammy show, GaGa's Twitter followers got the message, "This is Nicola, Haus of Gaga: Gaga is in incubation. Tonight's performance is in collaboration with Hussein Chalayan and House of Mugler. X". Words are, GaGa spent three hours inside the egg to get into the character and used oxygen tank to breathe.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny