2011 Grammys: Lady GaGa's Performance of 'Born This Way'
Lady GaGa showed up inside an egg shell during the red carpet of 2011 Grammy Awards but the bizarre outfit made sense once she performed on the stage. Singing live for the first time her new single, Lady GaGa gave a meaning to "Born This Way" by hatching from the egg, "this way".
She wore a see-through yolk-ish yellow costume which was topped with Star Trek sleeves, TV-friendly nipple pasties, black lipsticks and Ginny-like hairstyle. Half-way through the song, she played the organ surrounded by gleaming mannequin heads, switching the club-anthem to a powerful ballad. At the end of it, her dancers who carried her egg on the red carpet, took off the latex outfit to appear as if they were naked. GaGa joined them to be one of the "nakeds".
"Born This Way" is the first single from GaGa's new album of the same name. It is an anthem for the LGBT community with the lyrics, "No matter gay, straight, or bi, lesbian, transgendered life/ I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive."
Before the Grammy show, GaGa's Twitter followers got the message, "This is Nicola, Haus of Gaga: Gaga is in incubation. Tonight's performance is in collaboration with Hussein Chalayan and House of Mugler. X". Words are, GaGa spent three hours inside the egg to get into the character and used oxygen tank to breathe.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'