Casting News: Zac Efron for 'Charlie Countryman', Charlize Theron for 'Prometheus'
Zac Efron and Charlize Theron appear among a bunch of casting news floating around the web today. The former is set to star in "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman" and the former is said being cast in "Prometheus".
In "Charlie Countryman", Efron will play Charlie who, after the death of his mother, heads to Europe to find himself. There he meets a girl and falls in love, but she already belongs to an insanely violent crime boss with a gang of thugs at his disposal. But that won't deter Charlie who endures one bruising beat down after another to woo the girl and keep her out of harm's way.
Written by Matt Drake, the action comedy is now looking for director after Dante Ariola who was attached to the helming duty detached himself from the project. The movie is expected to kick off principal photography sometime this year, The Playlist reports.
Theron, meanwhile, is said to portray a character called Vickers. The actress joins Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender in the Ridley Scott-directed film which was previously developed to be "Alien" prequel. Plot details are still kept under wraps but the helmer teased that it will feature "alien DNA". The sci-fi thriller is slated for June 8, 2012 release in the U.S.
Zac Efron has wrapped filming "The Lucky One" and has signed up to join star-studded romantic comedy "New Year's Eve". As for Theron, she can next be seen in Jason Reitman-directed drama comedy "Young Adult" and is attached to star in "Mad Max: Fury Road". The 35-year-old beauty is additionally linked to the antagonist role of the Evil Queen in "Snow White and the Huntsman".
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics