'Logan's Run' Back on Track With Ryan Gosling and New Director
Warner Bros. Pictures is moving on with their plan to make "Logan's Run" and has cast a lead actor. Ryan Gosling has sealed a deal to star in the movie which will serve as a remake to the 1967 film of the same title starring Michael York, Deadline Hollywood reports.
The new project has also gotten the replacement for director Carl Rinsch who dropped out in fall last year due to scheduling conflicts. Nicolas Winding Refn is reportedly lined up to take the helming duty and accordingly he will soon reunite with his "Drive" actor Gosling.
In the upcoming movie, Gosling will play Logan 5, a "Sandman" whose job is to track down inhabitants who try to escape mandatory death upon reaching the age of 30. The policy is made to prevent overpopulation and those who seek to avoid their fate are deemed "Runners". Logan ends up on the run after he becomes sympathetic with members of an underground railroad of Runners.
Alex Garland writes the script which is said to hew closer to the 1967 novel by William F. Nolan than the original movie. Production for the sci-fi thriller is scheduled to take place in fall, Deadline further reports.
Ryan Gosling is best known starring in a hit romantic movie "The Notebook". He recently took on several indie films including "Blue Valentine" and "All Good Things". He is set to star in "The Ides of March" to be directed by George Clooney.
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks
- Calvin Harris Premieres Beachy Music Video for 'Feels' Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell and Big Sean