'Logan's Run' Back on Track With Ryan Gosling and New Director
Warner Bros. Pictures is moving on with their plan to make "Logan's Run" and has cast a lead actor. Ryan Gosling has sealed a deal to star in the movie which will serve as a remake to the 1967 film of the same title starring Michael York, Deadline Hollywood reports.
The new project has also gotten the replacement for director Carl Rinsch who dropped out in fall last year due to scheduling conflicts. Nicolas Winding Refn is reportedly lined up to take the helming duty and accordingly he will soon reunite with his "Drive" actor Gosling.
In the upcoming movie, Gosling will play Logan 5, a "Sandman" whose job is to track down inhabitants who try to escape mandatory death upon reaching the age of 30. The policy is made to prevent overpopulation and those who seek to avoid their fate are deemed "Runners". Logan ends up on the run after he becomes sympathetic with members of an underground railroad of Runners.
Alex Garland writes the script which is said to hew closer to the 1967 novel by William F. Nolan than the original movie. Production for the sci-fi thriller is scheduled to take place in fall, Deadline further reports.
Ryan Gosling is best known starring in a hit romantic movie "The Notebook". He recently took on several indie films including "Blue Valentine" and "All Good Things". He is set to star in "The Ides of March" to be directed by George Clooney.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound