'Logan's Run' Back on Track With Ryan Gosling and New Director
Warner Bros. Pictures is moving on with their plan to make "Logan's Run" and has cast a lead actor. Ryan Gosling has sealed a deal to star in the movie which will serve as a remake to the 1967 film of the same title starring Michael York, Deadline Hollywood reports.
The new project has also gotten the replacement for director Carl Rinsch who dropped out in fall last year due to scheduling conflicts. Nicolas Winding Refn is reportedly lined up to take the helming duty and accordingly he will soon reunite with his "Drive" actor Gosling.
In the upcoming movie, Gosling will play Logan 5, a "Sandman" whose job is to track down inhabitants who try to escape mandatory death upon reaching the age of 30. The policy is made to prevent overpopulation and those who seek to avoid their fate are deemed "Runners". Logan ends up on the run after he becomes sympathetic with members of an underground railroad of Runners.
Alex Garland writes the script which is said to hew closer to the 1967 novel by William F. Nolan than the original movie. Production for the sci-fi thriller is scheduled to take place in fall, Deadline further reports.
Ryan Gosling is best known starring in a hit romantic movie "The Notebook". He recently took on several indie films including "Blue Valentine" and "All Good Things". He is set to star in "The Ides of March" to be directed by George Clooney.
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary