Video Premiere: Erykah Badu's 'Gone Baby, Don't Be Long'
Erykah Badu's music video in support of her single "Gone Baby, Don't Be Long" has been debuted. It follows the soul singer as she makes her way through animated landscape. The clip might not stir controversy like she did with her last year's "Window Seat" nudity stunt, but it certainly offers striking visuals.
"Gone Baby, Don't Be Long" is taken from the second installment of Erykah's "New Amerykah" album series, "New Amerykah Part Two (Return of the Ankh)". Its blueprint-inspired music video is directed by Flying Lotus with the help from graphic designer/animator Beeple.
Erykah Badu was granted six months probation and fined $500 after she was convicted on a charge of disorderly conduct for stripping in public during "Window Seat" controversial video shoot. She filmed the clip at Dealey Plaza, a tourist hotspot in Dallas, Texas where former U.S. president John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
Erykah Badu's "Gone Baby, Don't Be Long" music video
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered