Ed Westwick's Departure From 'Gossip Girl' Denied
Chuck Bass is not gone from "Gossip Girl". Ed Westwick sent frenzy among the show's fans earlier this month when he hinted a departure from the CW show to concentrate on big screen movies. But the actor has now denied it, saying the statement was taken out of context.
Tatler magazine quoted him as saying, "It's all about the work, you know. The feeling you get when you connect to the work. And that's what I had with Chuck Bass in the beginning - I was fascinated by him. But now, to be completely honest, I'm ready to do something else. Really ready to do something else."
OK! Magazine asked him about the rumor during the premiere of his new movie "Chalet Girl", and Westwick responded, "That was kind of taken out of context, what I actually said was that I wanted to maximise my time but I had agreed to do other projects as well." In fact, Chuck is already in his blood. "No [I'm not leaving], I'm having a fantastic time with Gossip Girl, great character, great cast and I live in New York City," he added.
Westwick is dividing his time to shoot the TV series and start on several new movie projects including "J. Edgar" where he's cast as Agent Smith opposite Leonardo DiCaprio. The movie directed by Clint Eastwood has kicked off its principal photography in Los Angeles this week.
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos
- 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson
- Kate Moss' Busty Assets Almost Spill Out of Her Tight Crochet Dress in Cannes