Ed Westwick's Departure From 'Gossip Girl' Denied
Chuck Bass is not gone from "Gossip Girl". Ed Westwick sent frenzy among the show's fans earlier this month when he hinted a departure from the CW show to concentrate on big screen movies. But the actor has now denied it, saying the statement was taken out of context.
Tatler magazine quoted him as saying, "It's all about the work, you know. The feeling you get when you connect to the work. And that's what I had with Chuck Bass in the beginning - I was fascinated by him. But now, to be completely honest, I'm ready to do something else. Really ready to do something else."
OK! Magazine asked him about the rumor during the premiere of his new movie "Chalet Girl", and Westwick responded, "That was kind of taken out of context, what I actually said was that I wanted to maximise my time but I had agreed to do other projects as well." In fact, Chuck is already in his blood. "No [I'm not leaving], I'm having a fantastic time with Gossip Girl, great character, great cast and I live in New York City," he added.
Westwick is dividing his time to shoot the TV series and start on several new movie projects including "J. Edgar" where he's cast as Agent Smith opposite Leonardo DiCaprio. The movie directed by Clint Eastwood has kicked off its principal photography in Los Angeles this week.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'