Selena Gomez's Next Movie to Reveal '13 Reasons Why' She 'Kills' Herself
Universal Pictures and Strike Entertainment have picked up rights to make a movie based on Jay Asher novel "13 Reasons Why". The project is developed as a starring vehicle for Selena Gomez, Deadline Hollywood reports.
The book tells a story of a shy California high school student, Clay Jensen, who returns from school to find a box waiting on his doorstep. It contains seven cassette tapes recorded by Hanna Baker, the classmate he had a crush on.
Before she committed suicide, Hannah sent the tapes to one classmate with instructions to pass them on to a list of students like a chain letter. The tapes explain to 13 people how they played a role in her death. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
Gomez will be seen playing Baker who appears throughout the film in post-mortem flashbacks. There is still no word on who will portray the other lead role, Jensen. Jennifer O'Kieffe is on board to write the script, but no director has been booked for the drama mystery film project.
Selena Gomez's latest big screen appearance was in "Ramona and Beezus" which was released last year. The "Wizards of Waverly Place" cutie will next be seen in "Monte Carlo" in which she stars alongside Leighton Meester and Katie Cassidy.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics