Selena Gomez's Next Movie to Reveal '13 Reasons Why' She 'Kills' Herself
Universal Pictures and Strike Entertainment have picked up rights to make a movie based on Jay Asher novel "13 Reasons Why". The project is developed as a starring vehicle for Selena Gomez, Deadline Hollywood reports.
The book tells a story of a shy California high school student, Clay Jensen, who returns from school to find a box waiting on his doorstep. It contains seven cassette tapes recorded by Hanna Baker, the classmate he had a crush on.
Before she committed suicide, Hannah sent the tapes to one classmate with instructions to pass them on to a list of students like a chain letter. The tapes explain to 13 people how they played a role in her death. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
Gomez will be seen playing Baker who appears throughout the film in post-mortem flashbacks. There is still no word on who will portray the other lead role, Jensen. Jennifer O'Kieffe is on board to write the script, but no director has been booked for the drama mystery film project.
Selena Gomez's latest big screen appearance was in "Ramona and Beezus" which was released last year. The "Wizards of Waverly Place" cutie will next be seen in "Monte Carlo" in which she stars alongside Leighton Meester and Katie Cassidy.
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer