Little Darth Vader Meets the Original 'Star Wars' Star
Max Page, the little boy who becomes the latest overnight sensation, thanks to Volkswagen, met the original Darth Vader on Monday, February 7 night in New York City. Max is now known as Little Darth Vader after the car company's 30-second ad was voted the best Super Bowl spot this year.
Max took some photos with James Earl Jones after he and his family attended James' Broadway show "Driving Miss Daisy" at the Golden Theater. The actor also granted him an autographed helmet. Jones was the legendary voice of the "Star Wars" character for years, starting the 1977's "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope".
Earlier on the day, Max and his mother Jennifer Page came to "Today" to reveal his face. "It actually wasn't until halfway through the first day of filming that we even knew it was a Super Bowl commercial," Jennifer said. "I was like, 'Whoa, this is out of this world!' "
Max was not only a pretty face, he is also a heart defect survivor. He has Tetralogy of Fallot, which is a syndrome that includes four major features, including a "hole in the heart", a thickened muscular heart wall and issues with the 2 blood vessels that lead away from the heart. He went through surgery at the age of 3 months.
The Volkswagen Ad:
Little Darth Vader Unmasked:
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent