Little Darth Vader Meets the Original 'Star Wars' Star
Max Page, the little boy who becomes the latest overnight sensation, thanks to Volkswagen, met the original Darth Vader on Monday, February 7 night in New York City. Max is now known as Little Darth Vader after the car company's 30-second ad was voted the best Super Bowl spot this year.
Max took some photos with James Earl Jones after he and his family attended James' Broadway show "Driving Miss Daisy" at the Golden Theater. The actor also granted him an autographed helmet. Jones was the legendary voice of the "Star Wars" character for years, starting the 1977's "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope".
Earlier on the day, Max and his mother Jennifer Page came to "Today" to reveal his face. "It actually wasn't until halfway through the first day of filming that we even knew it was a Super Bowl commercial," Jennifer said. "I was like, 'Whoa, this is out of this world!' "
Max was not only a pretty face, he is also a heart defect survivor. He has Tetralogy of Fallot, which is a syndrome that includes four major features, including a "hole in the heart", a thickened muscular heart wall and issues with the 2 blood vessels that lead away from the heart. He went through surgery at the age of 3 months.
The Volkswagen Ad:
Little Darth Vader Unmasked:
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip