Little Darth Vader Meets the Original 'Star Wars' Star
Max Page, the little boy who becomes the latest overnight sensation, thanks to Volkswagen, met the original Darth Vader on Monday, February 7 night in New York City. Max is now known as Little Darth Vader after the car company's 30-second ad was voted the best Super Bowl spot this year.
Max took some photos with James Earl Jones after he and his family attended James' Broadway show "Driving Miss Daisy" at the Golden Theater. The actor also granted him an autographed helmet. Jones was the legendary voice of the "Star Wars" character for years, starting the 1977's "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope".
Earlier on the day, Max and his mother Jennifer Page came to "Today" to reveal his face. "It actually wasn't until halfway through the first day of filming that we even knew it was a Super Bowl commercial," Jennifer said. "I was like, 'Whoa, this is out of this world!' "
Max was not only a pretty face, he is also a heart defect survivor. He has Tetralogy of Fallot, which is a syndrome that includes four major features, including a "hole in the heart", a thickened muscular heart wall and issues with the 2 blood vessels that lead away from the heart. He went through surgery at the age of 3 months.
The Volkswagen Ad:
Little Darth Vader Unmasked:
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris