Little Darth Vader Meets the Original 'Star Wars' Star
Max Page, the little boy who becomes the latest overnight sensation, thanks to Volkswagen, met the original Darth Vader on Monday, February 7 night in New York City. Max is now known as Little Darth Vader after the car company's 30-second ad was voted the best Super Bowl spot this year.
Max took some photos with James Earl Jones after he and his family attended James' Broadway show "Driving Miss Daisy" at the Golden Theater. The actor also granted him an autographed helmet. Jones was the legendary voice of the "Star Wars" character for years, starting the 1977's "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope".
Earlier on the day, Max and his mother Jennifer Page came to "Today" to reveal his face. "It actually wasn't until halfway through the first day of filming that we even knew it was a Super Bowl commercial," Jennifer said. "I was like, 'Whoa, this is out of this world!' "
Max was not only a pretty face, he is also a heart defect survivor. He has Tetralogy of Fallot, which is a syndrome that includes four major features, including a "hole in the heart", a thickened muscular heart wall and issues with the 2 blood vessels that lead away from the heart. He went through surgery at the age of 3 months.
The Volkswagen Ad:
Little Darth Vader Unmasked:
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound