Justin Bieber Mocked by MAD Mag: Stupid, Dumb, Terrible & Awful
Justin Bieber might have achieved almost unprecedented things at such a young age; ranging from winning top honor at last year's American Music Awards, scoring one of the biggest-selling albums, receiving multiple nominations at Grammy Awards and sharing screen with Ozzy Osbourne on Super Bowl ad. But it doesn't make him immune to being the target of mocking.
The 16-year-old Canadian singer is currently dissed on the latest issue of MAD Magazine. Alfred E. Neuman, the cartoon boy of the printed publication, sports Bieber's signature hair and purple hoodie on its cover while wearing goofy grin on his face. The picture might not be enough to drive Beliebers mad, but the headline certainly is. "HIS STUPID HAIR! HIS DUMB BOOK! HIS TERRIBLE MOVIE! HIS AWFUL MUSIC!" so it was printed on the front page.
Since Bieber has strong fanbase, the magazine most likely will receive backlash for daring to make fun of the teen idol, but its editor John Ficarra is prepared for that. "Every time we put one of these young teen stars on the covers - this goes back to New Kids On The Block - we do get a ton of mail from prepubescent girls," he said. "The weird thing is I happened to be looking through old issues and we did a piece on Elvis [Presley], too."
Regarding reaction from the "Baby" hitmaker himself, Ficarra responded with a joke, "He'll hate it and buy every copy and it will be a sellout." He continued, "Or, conversely, Bieber won't even notice and we'll probably sell three copies of the issue." As of press time, his camp hasn't given any response when asked about the spoof.
"That was probably the highlight of his career and being on the cover of MAD is the lowlight," Ficarra told Canadian Press. Or we can just say it proves that Justin Bieber, who is currently promoting his biopic movie "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never", is all over the place.
More Justin Bieber News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame