'The Brothers Grimm: Snow White' Gets Julia Roberts and Release Date
Julia Roberts has officially signed up for The Brothers Grimm: Snow White which is developed by Relativity Media. A week after the "Eat, Pray, Love" actress was reported in talks to star in the movie, the studio announces on February 8 that they have closed the deal with Roberts who will take the role of the Queen.
"Julia was our first and only choice to play the Queen," says Ryan Kavanaugh who will serve as producer along with Bernie Goldmann and Brett Ratner. "She is an icon, and we know that she will make this role her own in a way that no one else could."
Through the press release, Relativity also unveils the release date for the film which is June 29, 2012. Pre-production has begun while principal photography is set to start in April. Tarsem Singh ("Immortals") is on board to direct the movie.
Based on the Brothers Grimm story, the upcoming Snow White film "will eschew the traditional story in favor of a more modern tale full of comedy and adventure. After her evil stepmother kills her father and destroys the kingdom, Snow White bands together with a gang of seven quarrelsome dwarfs to reclaim what is rightly hers." Melissa Wallack and Jason Keller write the script.
Beside "The Brothers Grimm: Snow White", a similar project called "Snow White and the Huntsman" is also being developed by Universal Pictures. Kristen Stewart has been mentioned for the role of Snow White, while Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron are linked to the roles of the Huntsman and the Evil Queen respectively.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound