Cobie Smulders Joins 'The Avengers' as S.H.I.E.L.D's Director
From "How I Met Your Mother", Cobie Smulders jumps into "The Avengers" universe. It has been reported that talks are undergoing to bring the actress to play Maria Hill, the director of the planetary defense/intelligence service S.H.I.E.L.D.
Samuel L. Jackson who plays another member of S.H.I.E.L.D, Nick Fury, confirmed last week that he would have a female sidekick in the action movie. "I gotta screen test like five actresses on Friday. They have this new character that's my sidekick or something, that's with me all the time," the actor said in an interview with Jimmy Fallon on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
Moreover, director Joss Whedon had once deemed Smulders worthy to be the new Wonder Woman when he was involved in the project. This deal would attach Smulders to nine films, which is also the case for all the actors signed up for Marvel films.
Smulders is expected to slip into the character starting April when her CBS show is on a break. Disney plans to release the action movie on May 4, 2012 with Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson and Jackson in the cast ensemble.
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'