Cobie Smulders Joins 'The Avengers' as S.H.I.E.L.D's Director
From "How I Met Your Mother", Cobie Smulders jumps into "The Avengers" universe. It has been reported that talks are undergoing to bring the actress to play Maria Hill, the director of the planetary defense/intelligence service S.H.I.E.L.D.
Samuel L. Jackson who plays another member of S.H.I.E.L.D, Nick Fury, confirmed last week that he would have a female sidekick in the action movie. "I gotta screen test like five actresses on Friday. They have this new character that's my sidekick or something, that's with me all the time," the actor said in an interview with Jimmy Fallon on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
Moreover, director Joss Whedon had once deemed Smulders worthy to be the new Wonder Woman when he was involved in the project. This deal would attach Smulders to nine films, which is also the case for all the actors signed up for Marvel films.
Smulders is expected to slip into the character starting April when her CBS show is on a break. Disney plans to release the action movie on May 4, 2012 with Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson and Jackson in the cast ensemble.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch