Cobie Smulders Joins 'The Avengers' as S.H.I.E.L.D's Director
From "How I Met Your Mother", Cobie Smulders jumps into "The Avengers" universe. It has been reported that talks are undergoing to bring the actress to play Maria Hill, the director of the planetary defense/intelligence service S.H.I.E.L.D.
Samuel L. Jackson who plays another member of S.H.I.E.L.D, Nick Fury, confirmed last week that he would have a female sidekick in the action movie. "I gotta screen test like five actresses on Friday. They have this new character that's my sidekick or something, that's with me all the time," the actor said in an interview with Jimmy Fallon on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
Moreover, director Joss Whedon had once deemed Smulders worthy to be the new Wonder Woman when he was involved in the project. This deal would attach Smulders to nine films, which is also the case for all the actors signed up for Marvel films.
Smulders is expected to slip into the character starting April when her CBS show is on a break. Disney plans to release the action movie on May 4, 2012 with Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson and Jackson in the cast ensemble.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame