Blake Lively Wanted as the New Carrie Bradshaw
Recently voted as the Most Desirable Woman of 2011 through a poll, Blake Lively continues to shine in her movie career by being touted for the role of Carrie Bradshaw. The character has been made famous by Sarah Jessica Parker in "Sex and the City" series as well as its two movie installments.
Rumor has it, Michael Patrick King who wrote the series and directed the movie adaptations, is toying with the idea to create a younger version of Carrie. This idea sprung up after it was known that Candance Bushnell who wrote the original novels spawned a new book called "The Carrie Diaries".
"The prequel is about breathing new life into the story and exploring Carrie's first few months in NYC and the beginning of her relationship with an older man," an insider told Grazia mag. This means, Carrie has not met her friends, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte, making her the center of the attention.
Studio bosses are reportedly in talks with Lively to take the titular role.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna