Joan Rivers Mocks Christina Aguilera, While Fergie Defends Her
Christina Aguilera messed up lyrics of the National Anthem in front of thousands of people at Super Bowl over the weekend. The Grammy-winning singer has since apologized for the error, but what do fellow celebrities think about the much-criticized performance?
Joan Rivers, who recently bragged about needing no computer help to make her surgery-enhanced body look good in Super Bowl ad, has harsh words for X-Tina. "How stupid can you get?" she told PopEater. "Christina must have been thinking about food, that's why she forgot the words."
"O say can you see ... french fries," the 77-year-old comedienne said further, taking a jab on Christina's weight. "She's gotten so big ... She looks like she could eat Lady GaGa. Great way to get rid of competition."
The other star who slams Christina over her "Star-Spangled Banner" rendition is Taylor Hicks. The 2006 winner of "American Idol" wrote on his Twitter, "Christina Aguilera hopes 'true spirit' of anthem came through... What a JOKE. Practice OUR ANTHEM before u sing it."
He later added, "Just ask for a Teleprompter. They don't have to show the prompter on TV. Or just memorize it and go slow. Or use it as a publicity stunt." Not stopping there, the 34-year-old singer gave another sarcasm comment when he heard Christina tapped for the Grammys. "Make sure they have teleprompters," so he stated.
Unlike Joan Rivers and Taylor Hicks, Stacy Ferguson defends Christina, saying "You know what? It's such a huge venue, your nerves take a hold of you." Fergie who performed that night with her group Black Eyed Peas and Guns N' Roses rocker Slash said in a radio show, "I completely understand. She's one of the best singers of our time. Nobody can take that away from you. ... But you get nervous at these things. We're human."
She humbly said that she herself was not perfect when singing at the halftime show of the NFL game. "Some of my notes were pitchy to me," she admitted. "It was so exhilarating. The whole thing. It was so big. That's a once-in-a-lifetime thing."
Despite singing the National Anthem at the game, Christina Aguilera reportedly skipped all afterparties of the sport event because she's "upset" over her performance. "She hung out for a while at the stadium but then went straight to the airport," a source told E! Online. She headed to Los Angeles so "she could lick her wounds at home," the source claimed.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie