Christina Aguilera on Super Bowl Performance: I Got Caught Up in the Moment
Shortly after becoming talk of the town for singing wrong lyrics of the National Anthem, Christina Aguilera issued a statement. The 30-year-old Grammy-winning singer said she forgot the lyrics because she "got caught up in the moment."
"I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place," Aguilera stated referring to the February 6 live telecast. "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."
Instead of singing "O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?" in the fourth line like it's supposed to be, she repeated the second line with a slight variation. From "What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?", she changed it into "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming?".
When officially announced last month as the singer of "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the NFL game, Aguilera said, "I have been performing the anthem since I was seven years old and I must say the Super Bowl is a dream come true."
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video