Christina Aguilera on Super Bowl Performance: I Got Caught Up in the Moment
Shortly after becoming talk of the town for singing wrong lyrics of the National Anthem, Christina Aguilera issued a statement. The 30-year-old Grammy-winning singer said she forgot the lyrics because she "got caught up in the moment."
"I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place," Aguilera stated referring to the February 6 live telecast. "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."
Instead of singing "O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?" in the fourth line like it's supposed to be, she repeated the second line with a slight variation. From "What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?", she changed it into "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming?".
When officially announced last month as the singer of "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the NFL game, Aguilera said, "I have been performing the anthem since I was seven years old and I must say the Super Bowl is a dream come true."
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full