Christina Aguilera on Super Bowl Performance: I Got Caught Up in the Moment
Shortly after becoming talk of the town for singing wrong lyrics of the National Anthem, Christina Aguilera issued a statement. The 30-year-old Grammy-winning singer said she forgot the lyrics because she "got caught up in the moment."
"I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place," Aguilera stated referring to the February 6 live telecast. "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."
Instead of singing "O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?" in the fourth line like it's supposed to be, she repeated the second line with a slight variation. From "What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?", she changed it into "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming?".
When officially announced last month as the singer of "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the NFL game, Aguilera said, "I have been performing the anthem since I was seven years old and I must say the Super Bowl is a dream come true."
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'