'Captain America' and 'Thor' Debut Super Bowl Spot
The highly-anticipated Super Bowl spot for "Captain America: The First Avenger" has been made available for viewing pleasure online. It sees Chris Evans' Steve Rogers who feels "taller" after he is turned into Captain America with a special machine. Captain America's enemy, Hugo Weaving's Red Skull, is additionally featured in a brief.
Another superhero film from Paramount Pictures, "Thor", also gets a TV spot aired during the game telecast. It mashes up scenes seen in the trailer and several fresh footage, including the ones which highlight the fight at Asgard.
"Captain America" focuses on military service washout Steve Rogers who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. The movie will hit theaters across the nation on July 22.
"Thor" follows a powerful but arrogant warrior who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions. He later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth. Chris Hemsworth leads and Natalie Portman joins him as the leading lady. The movie is set to open wide May 6 in the U.S.
'Captain America: The First Avenger' Super Bowl spot:
'Thor' Super Bowl spot:
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers