'Captain America' and 'Thor' Debut Super Bowl Spot
The highly-anticipated Super Bowl spot for "Captain America: The First Avenger" has been made available for viewing pleasure online. It sees Chris Evans' Steve Rogers who feels "taller" after he is turned into Captain America with a special machine. Captain America's enemy, Hugo Weaving's Red Skull, is additionally featured in a brief.
Another superhero film from Paramount Pictures, "Thor", also gets a TV spot aired during the game telecast. It mashes up scenes seen in the trailer and several fresh footage, including the ones which highlight the fight at Asgard.
"Captain America" focuses on military service washout Steve Rogers who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. The movie will hit theaters across the nation on July 22.
"Thor" follows a powerful but arrogant warrior who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions. He later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth. Chris Hemsworth leads and Natalie Portman joins him as the leading lady. The movie is set to open wide May 6 in the U.S.
'Captain America: The First Avenger' Super Bowl spot:
'Thor' Super Bowl spot:
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'