'Captain America' and 'Thor' Debut Super Bowl Spot
The highly-anticipated Super Bowl spot for "Captain America: The First Avenger" has been made available for viewing pleasure online. It sees Chris Evans' Steve Rogers who feels "taller" after he is turned into Captain America with a special machine. Captain America's enemy, Hugo Weaving's Red Skull, is additionally featured in a brief.
Another superhero film from Paramount Pictures, "Thor", also gets a TV spot aired during the game telecast. It mashes up scenes seen in the trailer and several fresh footage, including the ones which highlight the fight at Asgard.
"Captain America" focuses on military service washout Steve Rogers who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. The movie will hit theaters across the nation on July 22.
"Thor" follows a powerful but arrogant warrior who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions. He later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth. Chris Hemsworth leads and Natalie Portman joins him as the leading lady. The movie is set to open wide May 6 in the U.S.
'Captain America: The First Avenger' Super Bowl spot:
'Thor' Super Bowl spot:
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly