Christina Aguilera Booed for Forgetting Lyrics, Lea Michele Applauded at Super Bowl
Christina Aguilera was left embarrassed when she messed up the lyrics of "The Star-Spangled Banner" during the live telecast of Super Bowl XLV. The five-time Grammy winner performed the song on Sunday, February 6 in front of thousands of sport mania at Cowboys Stadium in North Texas.
She did her own twist on the U.S. National Anthem. She was supposed to sing "O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?" in the fourth line, but repeated the second line with a slight variation. From "What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?", she changed it into "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming?".
Right before Aguilera's performance, Lea Michele took the center stage with a choir to perform a rendition of "America the Beautiful". Unlike the "Burlesque" star who was booed by audience due to the error, the "Glee" actress' performance was well received as she belted out the lyrics smoothly.
"Omg that was an out of body experience!!!!! so amazing!!! what an honor and a joy," Michele wrote on Twitter. Aguilera, meanwhile, hasn't given any comment regarding her notorious performance.
The Green Bay Packers are facing off the Pittsburgh Steelers that night. During the halftime time show, Black Eyed Peas are set to cater fans with their singles. Spotted coming to watch the NFL companionship are celebrity couple Cameron Diaz and Alex Rodriguez.
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too