Christina Aguilera Booed for Forgetting Lyrics, Lea Michele Applauded at Super Bowl
Christina Aguilera was left embarrassed when she messed up the lyrics of "The Star-Spangled Banner" during the live telecast of Super Bowl XLV. The five-time Grammy winner performed the song on Sunday, February 6 in front of thousands of sport mania at Cowboys Stadium in North Texas.
She did her own twist on the U.S. National Anthem. She was supposed to sing "O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?" in the fourth line, but repeated the second line with a slight variation. From "What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?", she changed it into "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming?".
Right before Aguilera's performance, Lea Michele took the center stage with a choir to perform a rendition of "America the Beautiful". Unlike the "Burlesque" star who was booed by audience due to the error, the "Glee" actress' performance was well received as she belted out the lyrics smoothly.
"Omg that was an out of body experience!!!!! so amazing!!! what an honor and a joy," Michele wrote on Twitter. Aguilera, meanwhile, hasn't given any comment regarding her notorious performance.
The Green Bay Packers are facing off the Pittsburgh Steelers that night. During the halftime time show, Black Eyed Peas are set to cater fans with their singles. Spotted coming to watch the NFL companionship are celebrity couple Cameron Diaz and Alex Rodriguez.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage