Too Savvy, Lauren Conrad's Show Rejected by MTV
Lauren Conrad may have delivered high-rated series for MTV in the past but for the network, she is not as commercial as before. The alumna of "Laguna Beach" and "The Hills" has sold a show that follows her career as a fashion mogul, but MTV apparently thought there was not enough "personal relationships" inserted to make good TV.
MTV exec David Janollari told EW, "We decided not to go ahead with the show." Made in a documentary-style, the not-yet-titled show avoids all the drama and catfights that "The Hills" was famous for, and Conrad understands why MTV won't pick such series. In a statement to Us Magazine, she said, "We sold a show to MTV, filmed it and are really proud of the final result. MTV felt the subject matter was too high brow for their audience and offered me the opportunity to change the show by incorporating more of my personal life."
"We agreed going into the project that this show would be an aspirational one, focusing on my career and my goals and not my personal relationships. We delivered the show that we sold and are sorry MTV didn't feel their viewers were savvy enough to appreciate it."
Janollari however said that there were attempts to find the middle. "There were talks about whether we could somehow manage to put together a special based on that footage but that's also a big question mark based on her interest in that and the finances. We love her! We would love her on our network!" he said.
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'