'Captain America: The First Avenger' Poster Is Gritty
Marvel Studios has debuted the first teaser poster for "Captain America: The First Avenger". It exposes Chris Evans' Steve Rogers in Captain America costume, sans the helmet, and holding his shield while mud is splashing around him as if something has just blown off. While it does not feature the movie's full title, the one-sheet emphasizes only on the word "avenge".
As of late, Samuel L. Jackson confirmed that he will appear in "Captain America" as well as another Marvel film "Thor". "In the next month or so, I have to do one day on 'Thor', and I gotta do another day on 'Captain America'.... 'Thor' and 'Captain America' are pretty much done, but I haven't done my part in them yet," the depicter of Nick Fury said on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
In the movie, Evans shares screen with Hayley Atwell who plays Peggy Carter and Sebastian Stan who stars as Bucky Barnes. Hugo Weaving and Stanley Tucci are additionally cast to portray Red Skull and Dr. Abraham Erskine respectively.
"Captain America: The First Avenger" focuses on Steve Rogers, "a scrawny lad who desperately wants to fight Nazis for his country but can't because he's been deemed physically unfit." He then volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America. The story follows him as he tries to fit in his new image.
The movie will hit U.S. theaters on July 22. Sneak peek to the footage can be expected this Sunday as Paramount Pictures will air a TV spot during Super Bowl XLV telecast on Fox.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'