'Captain America: The First Avenger' Poster Is Gritty
Marvel Studios has debuted the first teaser poster for "Captain America: The First Avenger". It exposes Chris Evans' Steve Rogers in Captain America costume, sans the helmet, and holding his shield while mud is splashing around him as if something has just blown off. While it does not feature the movie's full title, the one-sheet emphasizes only on the word "avenge".
As of late, Samuel L. Jackson confirmed that he will appear in "Captain America" as well as another Marvel film "Thor". "In the next month or so, I have to do one day on 'Thor', and I gotta do another day on 'Captain America'.... 'Thor' and 'Captain America' are pretty much done, but I haven't done my part in them yet," the depicter of Nick Fury said on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
In the movie, Evans shares screen with Hayley Atwell who plays Peggy Carter and Sebastian Stan who stars as Bucky Barnes. Hugo Weaving and Stanley Tucci are additionally cast to portray Red Skull and Dr. Abraham Erskine respectively.
"Captain America: The First Avenger" focuses on Steve Rogers, "a scrawny lad who desperately wants to fight Nazis for his country but can't because he's been deemed physically unfit." He then volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America. The story follows him as he tries to fit in his new image.
The movie will hit U.S. theaters on July 22. Sneak peek to the footage can be expected this Sunday as Paramount Pictures will air a TV spot during Super Bowl XLV telecast on Fox.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series