'American Idol' Los Angeles Audition: The Bad and the Ugly
If one thought Los Angeles as the city of entertainment would offer more "American Idol" talents than the other audition cities, they are wrong. More people with eccentricities came to the place than the ones with real singing voice.
The last slot of the day is usually reserved for a real good singer but this time, it's this season's version of General Larry Platt. At 59 years old, Cooper Robinson is way overdue to be an "Idol" but he was there only as the show's attempt to insert comedy. He sang an awful rendition of "I Feel Good", the judges were left speechless and he left the place, knowing what they would say.
But Cooper was not the only stunt. Matt "BIG STATS" Frankel showed up in a suit but he raps. Claiming he's a music producer to a bunch of great artists, Frankel has a voice that was a joke to the judges. "Give me that one shot. I know it's against your guys' better judgment. I can see it in your faces. I really needed to lubricate up a bit," he begged. But the judges were adamant, and later Frankel declared a war against Randy Jackson.
Call it a case of bad audition, Tynisha Roches was a perfect example. Roches was so confident that she is the next "Idol" that she couldn't let go of the mic she brought although Randy and Steven Tyler had tried to yank it out to stop her from singing. She made Randy leave the room and call the security. "Randy was all about giggles. I thought he was a lot cooler than that. He was like the Pillsbury Doughboy," she said outside.
And then there was Victoria Garrett who believed that God had brought the audition to the city because she is meant to be the winner. She screeched through her song and Steven encouraged the other two judges to just "get it over with". "You are going to, Siberia!" Steven joked. It was Jennifer Lopez who said no to her and it was also Jennifer who got the diss from Victoria.
Next week, the judges could have a better luck in San Francisco.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise