Murder Victim's Parents Outraged by 'Horrific' Images in 'Amanda Knox'
The first trailer of "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy" which was released late last month had triggered bad reactions not only from the convicted murderer's family but also the victim's parents. John Kercher whose daughter was murdered in an alleged sex game went wrong said the Lifetime movie is nothing but "distressing".
"It's so awful what these film people have done," John complained. "Your imagination runs riot as it is about what happened but to actually see it like this is very different and very distressing. I'm also surprised they went that far in the film. I was told the original brief and synopsis of the film was to take it up to the point of the killing but not actually show the killing itself. It's obvious from these pictures they are showing the killing."
The stills that were released depict three friends including Hayden Panettiere's Knox pinning down Amanda Fernando Stevens' Kercher and holding knife to her throat. However, the story also depicts Knox as a good student, claiming "there are two sides to every story". Knox and her Italian boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito have denied their involvement in the murder and their appeal will take place in March.
Meanwhile, mom Arline Kercher also sounded her opinion, saying, "I haven't seen the film or the video but it sounds shocking. I really don't understand how a film can be made when there is an appeal to be heard. It does not give the court a fair chance and it also brings this all up again for us which is always very hard. I said a few months back I didn't understand why it was called Amanda Knox when my daughter was the victim."
Lifetime is due to premiere the movie on February 21.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters