Murder Victim's Parents Outraged by 'Horrific' Images in 'Amanda Knox'
The first trailer of "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy" which was released late last month had triggered bad reactions not only from the convicted murderer's family but also the victim's parents. John Kercher whose daughter was murdered in an alleged sex game went wrong said the Lifetime movie is nothing but "distressing".
"It's so awful what these film people have done," John complained. "Your imagination runs riot as it is about what happened but to actually see it like this is very different and very distressing. I'm also surprised they went that far in the film. I was told the original brief and synopsis of the film was to take it up to the point of the killing but not actually show the killing itself. It's obvious from these pictures they are showing the killing."
The stills that were released depict three friends including Hayden Panettiere's Knox pinning down Amanda Fernando Stevens' Kercher and holding knife to her throat. However, the story also depicts Knox as a good student, claiming "there are two sides to every story". Knox and her Italian boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito have denied their involvement in the murder and their appeal will take place in March.
Meanwhile, mom Arline Kercher also sounded her opinion, saying, "I haven't seen the film or the video but it sounds shocking. I really don't understand how a film can be made when there is an appeal to be heard. It does not give the court a fair chance and it also brings this all up again for us which is always very hard. I said a few months back I didn't understand why it was called Amanda Knox when my daughter was the victim."
Lifetime is due to premiere the movie on February 21.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage