'Chase' Axed From NBC's Midseason Line-Up
NBC is not going to continue to "Chase". The drama series which debuted last Fall has been pre-empted before but this time, it would be permanent. The Peacock has yanked the show from its midseason schedule, giving the Wednesday slot solely to "Minute to Win It".
The network first did an experiment on February 2, applying a two-hour broadcast of the game show. Turns out "Minute" delivered a series-high number, including 3.0 adult demo rating at 9 P.M. which is better than "Chase" rating the night before. The series which is led by Jesse Metcalfe among others, only scored 1.2 rating in the same demographic.
"Chase" was given a full season order back in October but NBC reduced it from 22 to 18 in December. There are five unaired episodes so far and it's not clear whether they would see the light of day. Meanwhile, "Minute" will now make-up a two hour reality show block with a mix of repeats and originals at 8 P.M. and originals at the next hour.
NBC also recently reduced the episode number of "The Cape".
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'