'Chase' Axed From NBC's Midseason Line-Up
NBC is not going to continue to "Chase". The drama series which debuted last Fall has been pre-empted before but this time, it would be permanent. The Peacock has yanked the show from its midseason schedule, giving the Wednesday slot solely to "Minute to Win It".
The network first did an experiment on February 2, applying a two-hour broadcast of the game show. Turns out "Minute" delivered a series-high number, including 3.0 adult demo rating at 9 P.M. which is better than "Chase" rating the night before. The series which is led by Jesse Metcalfe among others, only scored 1.2 rating in the same demographic.
"Chase" was given a full season order back in October but NBC reduced it from 22 to 18 in December. There are five unaired episodes so far and it's not clear whether they would see the light of day. Meanwhile, "Minute" will now make-up a two hour reality show block with a mix of repeats and originals at 8 P.M. and originals at the next hour.
NBC also recently reduced the episode number of "The Cape".
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign