'Chase' Axed From NBC's Midseason Line-Up
NBC is not going to continue to "Chase". The drama series which debuted last Fall has been pre-empted before but this time, it would be permanent. The Peacock has yanked the show from its midseason schedule, giving the Wednesday slot solely to "Minute to Win It".
The network first did an experiment on February 2, applying a two-hour broadcast of the game show. Turns out "Minute" delivered a series-high number, including 3.0 adult demo rating at 9 P.M. which is better than "Chase" rating the night before. The series which is led by Jesse Metcalfe among others, only scored 1.2 rating in the same demographic.
"Chase" was given a full season order back in October but NBC reduced it from 22 to 18 in December. There are five unaired episodes so far and it's not clear whether they would see the light of day. Meanwhile, "Minute" will now make-up a two hour reality show block with a mix of repeats and originals at 8 P.M. and originals at the next hour.
NBC also recently reduced the episode number of "The Cape".
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing