'Chase' Axed From NBC's Midseason Line-Up
NBC is not going to continue to "Chase". The drama series which debuted last Fall has been pre-empted before but this time, it would be permanent. The Peacock has yanked the show from its midseason schedule, giving the Wednesday slot solely to "Minute to Win It".
The network first did an experiment on February 2, applying a two-hour broadcast of the game show. Turns out "Minute" delivered a series-high number, including 3.0 adult demo rating at 9 P.M. which is better than "Chase" rating the night before. The series which is led by Jesse Metcalfe among others, only scored 1.2 rating in the same demographic.
"Chase" was given a full season order back in October but NBC reduced it from 22 to 18 in December. There are five unaired episodes so far and it's not clear whether they would see the light of day. Meanwhile, "Minute" will now make-up a two hour reality show block with a mix of repeats and originals at 8 P.M. and originals at the next hour.
NBC also recently reduced the episode number of "The Cape".
More Chase News
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series