Latest Grammy News: Dr. Dre, Gwyneth Paltrow and Selena Gomez
After a duet between Rihanna and Drake at the 2011 Grammy Awards was confirmed, more news about the latest addition of the stellar line-up emerges. Following denial from Britney Spears' camp concerning her rumored opening slot, Dr. Dre is now speculated to kick off the February 13 ceremony with previously-announced act Eminem.
"Eminem will definitely be performing with Dre on the night, and fans will not be disappointed," a source told M Is for Music. "He will also be performing one of his 'Recovery' singles but everyone is talking about the Dre duet saying it could be one of the most memorable Grammy moments of all time if everything goes to plan."
NARAS haven't denied or confirmed the rumor. Instead, they announced Gwyneth Paltrow as the newest musical guest. The "Country Strong" actress will be performing with Cee-Lo Green and the Jim Henson Company Puppets. Gwyneth once covered the Gnarls Barkley star's song in "Glee" and appeared with him in "Saturday Night Live".
Talking about the secretive opening slot, some assume organizers keep it under wraps as a special treat like they did at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards last year. Lady GaGa surprised audience by opening the 2010 awards show with Elton John.
Grammy Awards will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The other previously-announced performers are B.o.B, Janelle Monae, Bruno Mars Justin Bieber, Jaden Smith, Usher, Lady Antebellum, Muse, Miranda Lambert, Arcade Fire, Lady GaGa and Katy Perry.
Those coming to help read the winners will also be as crowded as the musical guests line-up. Starting to fill the list are Dierks Bentley, Selena Gomez, Norah Jones, Nicki Minaj and Blake Shelton. Two-time Grammy winner LL Cool J who hosted "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!!" for at least two consecutive years will also be there as a presenter.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says