Confirmed: Universal Made an Offer for Kristen Stewart to Play Snow White
Kristen Stewart's name has been mentioned before as one of the contenders to play the titular role in "Snow White and the Huntsman", but it's only now that a negotiation is confirmed undergoing. "The deal is not done and could still fall apart, but both sides want it to happen," THR reported.
Universal had mentioned Stewart along with other young actresses such as Saoirse Ronan, Riley Keough, Felicity Jones and Alicia Vikander. The last three reportedly have screen tested for the part but they could not kick out Stewart, who is not required to join screen test, from the list. The studio finally made an offer to her over the weekend.
If indeed a deal is struck, Stewart would possibly star opposite Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron who have been eyed to take the role of the Huntsman and the Evil Queen respectively.
The choice of Stewart may be fitted to this version of the fairy tale. Instead of going by the book, the story would be twisted so that Snow White could fight and defend herself against the Evil Queen under the guidance of the Huntsman. Rupert Sanders is making his directorial debut on the pic which should be released in December next year.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'