Kristen Wiig's 'Bridesmaids' Welcomes First Trailer
Apple has got its hand on the first trailer for "Bridesmaids" which comes from "Knocked Up" and "Superbad" producer Judd Apatow. It has Kristen Wiig on the lead role Annie whose life unravels as she is chosen to be maid of honor for her best friend Lillian (Maya Rudolph).
Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she'll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you'll go for someone you love.
"The whole goal of making this movie was to make a very funny, very honest movie about women in a way that they're not normally made," director Paul Feig (creator of "Freaks and Geeks") tells Entertainment Weekly. "Both Judd and I feel women are very much underserved by modern comedy, because it's all so guy-centric." The film indeed looks like a for-women version of "The Hangover".
"It's a hard movie to sum up in a trailer because it's also very emotionally honest," Feig additionally gushes about "Bridesmaids". "There's tons of comedy but there's also very relatable honest moments that are real and not always reaching for a laugh."
Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper are supporting the cast ensemble as the bridesmaids, joined by Jon Hamm who sleeps with Kristen Wiig in the film. The R-rated comedy will head into theaters across the U.S. on May 13.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?