Kristen Wiig's 'Bridesmaids' Welcomes First Trailer
Apple has got its hand on the first trailer for "Bridesmaids" which comes from "Knocked Up" and "Superbad" producer Judd Apatow. It has Kristen Wiig on the lead role Annie whose life unravels as she is chosen to be maid of honor for her best friend Lillian (Maya Rudolph).
Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she'll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you'll go for someone you love.
"The whole goal of making this movie was to make a very funny, very honest movie about women in a way that they're not normally made," director Paul Feig (creator of "Freaks and Geeks") tells Entertainment Weekly. "Both Judd and I feel women are very much underserved by modern comedy, because it's all so guy-centric." The film indeed looks like a for-women version of "The Hangover".
"It's a hard movie to sum up in a trailer because it's also very emotionally honest," Feig additionally gushes about "Bridesmaids". "There's tons of comedy but there's also very relatable honest moments that are real and not always reaching for a laugh."
Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper are supporting the cast ensemble as the bridesmaids, joined by Jon Hamm who sleeps with Kristen Wiig in the film. The R-rated comedy will head into theaters across the U.S. on May 13.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars