J.J. Returns to 'Criminal Minds' to Send Away Emily
Beloved alumna of "Criminal Minds" will return for an episode this Spring. A.J. Cook, whose departure from the CBS series last Fall invited protests among show's fans, will reprise her role as Jennifer "J.J." Jareau in an episode directed by Matthew Gray Gubler.
Cook confirmed via Twitter, writing "Heading back to Criminal Minds for @pagetpaget final episode. @GUBLERNATION is directing. It's going to be GOOD/WEIRD/SAD!!!" Paget Brewster who has been with the show for almost five years is not returning to the series as well, replaced by a new agent played by Rachel Nichols.
The exit story of Brewster's Emily has been paved since last week when she was informed that a criminal she put away during her days with Interpol had escaped. It is unclear how J.J. would jump in the story. The last time she was seen, J.J. joined the government's Defense Department.
More Criminal Minds News
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star