J.J. Returns to 'Criminal Minds' to Send Away Emily
Beloved alumna of "Criminal Minds" will return for an episode this Spring. A.J. Cook, whose departure from the CBS series last Fall invited protests among show's fans, will reprise her role as Jennifer "J.J." Jareau in an episode directed by Matthew Gray Gubler.
Cook confirmed via Twitter, writing "Heading back to Criminal Minds for @pagetpaget final episode. @GUBLERNATION is directing. It's going to be GOOD/WEIRD/SAD!!!" Paget Brewster who has been with the show for almost five years is not returning to the series as well, replaced by a new agent played by Rachel Nichols.
The exit story of Brewster's Emily has been paved since last week when she was informed that a criminal she put away during her days with Interpol had escaped. It is unclear how J.J. would jump in the story. The last time she was seen, J.J. joined the government's Defense Department.
More Criminal Minds News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign