Adam Sandler's Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony in Pics
Adam Sandler is finally acknowledged in Hollywood Walk of Fame, claiming the 2,431st star placed near W Hotel and Hollywood & Vine Metro stop. A February 1 ceremony saw the attendance of press, Sandler's family and celebrity friends such as Kevin James who played his pal in "Grown Ups" and Henry Winkler who starred opposite him in "Waterboy".
James and Winkler took the podium to give a little testimony about the comedian, with the former joking, "Enjoy the magic of this moment buddy because tomorrow a pre-op transsexual will be turning tricks on top of your name." Sandler then delivered a thank-you speech, interrupted by his daughters, Sadie and Sunny.
"Let's hear it for my kids, who are now showing you that I cannot control them," the actor joked, adding that the best thing that happened to him was meeting his wife Jackie and creating a family with her. "It was excellent that they were here. It was the reason that it was extra special. If I was here without them, I would feel that I was just missing those guys. So it was a great day for me," he said as quoted by E!.
Among the crowd, Sandler's old high school mate approached him and was given an invite to hang out with the star.
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama