Ed Westwick Ready to Ditch 'Gossip Girl'
"Gossip Girl" may lose one of its essential elements, Chuck Bass. The actor behind the character has expressed an interest to move on from the show and do something fresh. Ed Westwick transparently hinted in a new interview that he no longer connects to Chuck.
"It's all about the work, you know," he said. "The feeling you get when you connect to the work. And that's what I had with Chuck Bass in the beginning - I was fascinated by him. But now, to be completely honest, I'm ready to do something else. Really ready to do something else."
Westwick has been taking big screen roles in the past few years including "Chalet Girl" which is due to be released in U.K. this February 18. "It was refreshing to go from playing an a**hole to playing someone who's a bit more like I am - a nice boy," he told Tatler. "He has a heart, he has a soul, and he's still figuring out his place in the world."
Westwick has also been tapped to appear in "J. Edgar" as a clean-cut operative hired by Leonardo DiCaprio's Hoover to write his biography.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent