Ed Westwick Ready to Ditch 'Gossip Girl'
"Gossip Girl" may lose one of its essential elements, Chuck Bass. The actor behind the character has expressed an interest to move on from the show and do something fresh. Ed Westwick transparently hinted in a new interview that he no longer connects to Chuck.
"It's all about the work, you know," he said. "The feeling you get when you connect to the work. And that's what I had with Chuck Bass in the beginning - I was fascinated by him. But now, to be completely honest, I'm ready to do something else. Really ready to do something else."
Westwick has been taking big screen roles in the past few years including "Chalet Girl" which is due to be released in U.K. this February 18. "It was refreshing to go from playing an a**hole to playing someone who's a bit more like I am - a nice boy," he told Tatler. "He has a heart, he has a soul, and he's still figuring out his place in the world."
Westwick has also been tapped to appear in "J. Edgar" as a clean-cut operative hired by Leonardo DiCaprio's Hoover to write his biography.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance