Ed Westwick Ready to Ditch 'Gossip Girl'
"Gossip Girl" may lose one of its essential elements, Chuck Bass. The actor behind the character has expressed an interest to move on from the show and do something fresh. Ed Westwick transparently hinted in a new interview that he no longer connects to Chuck.
"It's all about the work, you know," he said. "The feeling you get when you connect to the work. And that's what I had with Chuck Bass in the beginning - I was fascinated by him. But now, to be completely honest, I'm ready to do something else. Really ready to do something else."
Westwick has been taking big screen roles in the past few years including "Chalet Girl" which is due to be released in U.K. this February 18. "It was refreshing to go from playing an a**hole to playing someone who's a bit more like I am - a nice boy," he told Tatler. "He has a heart, he has a soul, and he's still figuring out his place in the world."
Westwick has also been tapped to appear in "J. Edgar" as a clean-cut operative hired by Leonardo DiCaprio's Hoover to write his biography.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says