Ed Westwick Ready to Ditch 'Gossip Girl'
"Gossip Girl" may lose one of its essential elements, Chuck Bass. The actor behind the character has expressed an interest to move on from the show and do something fresh. Ed Westwick transparently hinted in a new interview that he no longer connects to Chuck.
"It's all about the work, you know," he said. "The feeling you get when you connect to the work. And that's what I had with Chuck Bass in the beginning - I was fascinated by him. But now, to be completely honest, I'm ready to do something else. Really ready to do something else."
Westwick has been taking big screen roles in the past few years including "Chalet Girl" which is due to be released in U.K. this February 18. "It was refreshing to go from playing an a**hole to playing someone who's a bit more like I am - a nice boy," he told Tatler. "He has a heart, he has a soul, and he's still figuring out his place in the world."
Westwick has also been tapped to appear in "J. Edgar" as a clean-cut operative hired by Leonardo DiCaprio's Hoover to write his biography.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer