Ed Westwick Ready to Ditch 'Gossip Girl'
"Gossip Girl" may lose one of its essential elements, Chuck Bass. The actor behind the character has expressed an interest to move on from the show and do something fresh. Ed Westwick transparently hinted in a new interview that he no longer connects to Chuck.
"It's all about the work, you know," he said. "The feeling you get when you connect to the work. And that's what I had with Chuck Bass in the beginning - I was fascinated by him. But now, to be completely honest, I'm ready to do something else. Really ready to do something else."
Westwick has been taking big screen roles in the past few years including "Chalet Girl" which is due to be released in U.K. this February 18. "It was refreshing to go from playing an a**hole to playing someone who's a bit more like I am - a nice boy," he told Tatler. "He has a heart, he has a soul, and he's still figuring out his place in the world."
Westwick has also been tapped to appear in "J. Edgar" as a clean-cut operative hired by Leonardo DiCaprio's Hoover to write his biography.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?