Lady GaGa, Mariah Carey, Pink Tapped for New PETA Anti-Fur Campaign
Although slammed by PETA for wearing meat dress at 2010 MTV Video Music Awards, Lady GaGa has now been chosen to front its new "Fur-Free and Fabulous" campaign. The outlandish singer will call out fans to stop wearing fur along with fellow female artists Pink and Mariah Carey.
"GaGa's out-there outfits never include real fur," PETA said in a press release. "Last year, when she wore a dress made of fluffy Kermit the Frog dolls, [she] explained, 'I thought it was commentary on not wearing fur, 'cause I hate fur and don't wear fur'."
Pink and Carey are chosen for the animal cruelty campaign also because of their anti-fur stances. The former, along with Ricky Gervais, recently helped PETA with its "Stolen for Fashion" video, and the latter famously donated sable coats she received as gifts to the organization which, in turn, gave them to the homeless.
Billboard featuring their famous faces will go up on the corner of Sunset Boulevard and La Brea Avenue in Los Angeles on Tuesday afternoon, February 2. Last year's "Fur-Free and Fabulous" ad featured First Lady Michelle Obama and media mogul Oprah Winfrey.
More Lady GaGa News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip