First Clip for Sundance Winner 'Circumstance' Sees Seductive Dance
Fresh from its participation at 2011 Sundance Film Festival, "Circumstance" has debuted the first clip. It sees two girls talking about going to a place where they can be free and later they are already in a club where they dance seductively.
"Circumstance" is a Persian-language film which follows a wealthy Iranian family struggling to contain a teenager's growing sexual rebellion and her brother's dangerous obsession. Atafeh and her best friend Shireen are experimenting with their burgeoning sexuality. Atafeh's brother, Mehran, returns home from drug rehab and renounces his former life as a classical musician and joins the morality police.
He disapproves of his sister's developing intimate relationship with Shireen and becomes obsessed with saving Shireen from Atafeh's influence. Suddenly, the two siblings, who were close confidants, are entangled in a triangle of suspense, surveillance, and betrayal as the once-liberal haven of the family home becomes a place of danger for the beautiful Atafeh.
The film won The Dramatic Audience Award at Sundance where it was also picked by Participant Media for North American release. Maryam Keshavarz directs and writes the film.
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby