First Clip for Sundance Winner 'Circumstance' Sees Seductive Dance
Fresh from its participation at 2011 Sundance Film Festival, "Circumstance" has debuted the first clip. It sees two girls talking about going to a place where they can be free and later they are already in a club where they dance seductively.
"Circumstance" is a Persian-language film which follows a wealthy Iranian family struggling to contain a teenager's growing sexual rebellion and her brother's dangerous obsession. Atafeh and her best friend Shireen are experimenting with their burgeoning sexuality. Atafeh's brother, Mehran, returns home from drug rehab and renounces his former life as a classical musician and joins the morality police.
He disapproves of his sister's developing intimate relationship with Shireen and becomes obsessed with saving Shireen from Atafeh's influence. Suddenly, the two siblings, who were close confidants, are entangled in a triangle of suspense, surveillance, and betrayal as the once-liberal haven of the family home becomes a place of danger for the beautiful Atafeh.
The film won The Dramatic Audience Award at Sundance where it was also picked by Participant Media for North American release. Maryam Keshavarz directs and writes the film.
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream