Video: Jesse Eisenberg 'Awk-Berg' Meeting With Mark Zuckerberg on 'SNL'
"Awk-Berg" was the word that came out of Andy Samberg's mouth when Jesse Eisenberg met the real Mark Zuckerberg. Jesse was the host of "Saturday Night Live" on the last January episode and he said in the opening monologue that the real him is not as shy as the characters he portrayed in movies like "The Social Network".
Jesse and Andy made two fake Marks. The real one was waiting backstage with executive producer of "SNL" Lorne Michaels, demanding to get up on stage because he is the authentic one. Lorne told him that he's better off-stage but the Facebook founder finally found his way to the stage, saying "Social Network" is "interesting" and helping Jesse to close the monologue.
A day after "SNL", Jesse attended the Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles, telling Access Hollywood that it was not awkward at all. "No, it was wonderful," he said. "I was so thrilled that he agreed to come and do that with me. It was the perfect place to meet for the first time."
Regarding the fact that both Jesse and Mark looked nervous, Jesse said, "We were both so overwhelmed to be there. We were both equally nervous to be on live TV. He has such a wonderful sense of humor about the whole thing and so we were just trying to figure out what would be the funniest thing for the show."
- Opening Monologue
More Saturday Night Live News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab