Video: Jesse Eisenberg 'Awk-Berg' Meeting With Mark Zuckerberg on 'SNL'
"Awk-Berg" was the word that came out of Andy Samberg's mouth when Jesse Eisenberg met the real Mark Zuckerberg. Jesse was the host of "Saturday Night Live" on the last January episode and he said in the opening monologue that the real him is not as shy as the characters he portrayed in movies like "The Social Network".
Jesse and Andy made two fake Marks. The real one was waiting backstage with executive producer of "SNL" Lorne Michaels, demanding to get up on stage because he is the authentic one. Lorne told him that he's better off-stage but the Facebook founder finally found his way to the stage, saying "Social Network" is "interesting" and helping Jesse to close the monologue.
A day after "SNL", Jesse attended the Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles, telling Access Hollywood that it was not awkward at all. "No, it was wonderful," he said. "I was so thrilled that he agreed to come and do that with me. It was the perfect place to meet for the first time."
Regarding the fact that both Jesse and Mark looked nervous, Jesse said, "We were both so overwhelmed to be there. We were both equally nervous to be on live TV. He has such a wonderful sense of humor about the whole thing and so we were just trying to figure out what would be the funniest thing for the show."
- Opening Monologue
More Saturday Night Live News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed