Javier Bardem Could Be Villain in Next James Bond Film
Another big film project is waiting for Javier Bardem who received praises for his performance in "Biutiful". Deadline Hollywood reports he is offered a starring role in "Bond 23" which recently got November 9, 2012 U.S. release date.
Details of his character are kept under wraps but since Daniel Craig is set to reprise his role as James Bond, there is speculation that he might portray the villain. The site also says the offer was made to Bardem last week, at around the same time he received his Oscar nomination for Best Actor in "Biutiful" and an offer to portray a main character in "The Dark Tower".
Bardem was previously offered a villainous role in Oliver Stone's "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" but he turned it down. He has wrapped the production for an untitled Terrence Malick project.
The next Bond film will be directed by Sam Mendes. Beside Daniel Craig, Judi Dench is also confirmed to return as MI6 chief "M". Rachel Weisz was recently rumored to take a female lead role opposite her real-life lover Craig.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO