Javier Bardem Could Be Villain in Next James Bond Film
Another big film project is waiting for Javier Bardem who received praises for his performance in "Biutiful". Deadline Hollywood reports he is offered a starring role in "Bond 23" which recently got November 9, 2012 U.S. release date.
Details of his character are kept under wraps but since Daniel Craig is set to reprise his role as James Bond, there is speculation that he might portray the villain. The site also says the offer was made to Bardem last week, at around the same time he received his Oscar nomination for Best Actor in "Biutiful" and an offer to portray a main character in "The Dark Tower".
Bardem was previously offered a villainous role in Oliver Stone's "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" but he turned it down. He has wrapped the production for an untitled Terrence Malick project.
The next Bond film will be directed by Sam Mendes. Beside Daniel Craig, Judi Dench is also confirmed to return as MI6 chief "M". Rachel Weisz was recently rumored to take a female lead role opposite her real-life lover Craig.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny