Robin Williams Rumored to Be Hugo Strange in 'Dark Knight Rises'
"The Dark Knight Rises" has booked Tom Hardy to play Batman's nemesis Bane, but it does not stop speculation about casting for another villainous role. Robin Williams is now reported to play Hugo Strange after Batman-on-Film (via IGN) tweeted on January 28, "RW as Strange?"
Strange itself is one of Batman's first recurring villains in the comic books. He is a villain in the mad-scientist mold and possesses genius-level IQ and is a master of psychology. Strange learns Batman's secret identity but keeps it to himself. He eventually becomes obsessed with Batman that he starts dressing up like the Gotham hero. Hardy was once rumored to take this role in the upcoming film.
This is not the first time Williams' name emerges as the possible cast member of this third Batman film from Christopher Nolan. Back in June last year, he was rumored to portray The Riddler after he said, "I would do Batman in a second, playing anyone. I'd play The Riddler in the next one."
Robin Williams last starred in "Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian" and "Old Dogs". The 59-year-old actor is set to voice Ramon/Lovelace in "Happy Feet 2" after contributing as the voice cast in the predecessor, 2006 "Happy Feet".
Beside tapping Christian Bale to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne aka Batman, "The Dark Knight Rises" has cast Anne Hathaway to portray Catwoman. Christopher Nolan is back on the helming duty and plans to start shooting the film on May 6 for a planned July 20, 2012 U.S. release.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!