'The Beaver' Copy Stolen From Mel Gibson, Investigated as Petty Theft
"The Beaver" has faced a rocky road when its release was put on hold due to Mel Gibson's personal issues. Now, it is hit with another problem as a copy of the not-yet-released film is missing from the actor's house and appears to have been stolen.
TMZ was the first which reported that Summit Entertainment gave the final cut of the movie on DVD to Gibson so he could screen it at his home. On Wednesday, January 26 at 10:45 A.M., he put the DVD in his mailbox so a courier could pick it up and return it to Summit. But when the courier showed up at 2:30 P.M., the DVD mas missing from his mailbox.
The case has been reported to police and it is being investigated as a petty theft, presumably because of the value of the DVD. Lieutenant Rich Erickson of the Malibu/Lost Hills Station Sheriff's Department told EW, "We have no leads on it at this time. It's just been assigned to a detective."
"The Beaver" features Mel Gibson as Walter Black, a successful toy executive and family man who now suffers from depression and is plagued by his own demons. No matter what he tries, Walter can't seem to get himself back on track, until a beaver hand puppet enters his life.
Jodie Foster stars as Black's wife in addition to directing the film. The drama comedy is scheduled to have its world premiere at SXSW Film Festival on March 16, before opening in limited U.S. theaters on date 23 of the same month.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016