Confirmed: Britney Spears' New Album Set for March 15
It has just been revealed that Britney Spears is going to drop her new album across United States on March 15. The release date is unveiled on a leaked one-sheet which is confirmed as accurate by a Jive Records rep to MTV.
According to the sheet, there will be deluxe and standard editions available for purchase with 3 - 4 additional songs featured on the deluxe package. A music video for the already-out single "Hold It Against Me" will be premiered soon. It will be "a sexy, edgy dance piece directed by Jonas Akerlund and showing Britney at peak form and ability."
Beside having hitmakers duo Max Martin and Dr. Luke who help her with the first single and reportedly produce the second single as well, the album will also feature productions by the likes of Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Fraser T. Smith and Bloodshy & Avant.
She will go full throttle to promote the album with a "major TV event" and a "LGBT/Lifestyle campaign" are being prepared. In the meantime, she is busy with album photoshoot. Her manager Adam Leber tweeted, "Britney Spears did a photoshoot for her album package yesterday. Photos are nothing less than spectacular. We'll share some soon."
He continued to hype it up in a series of tweets posted earlier this week, "So many good things coming down the pipeline. Britney fans should be excited. Album is incredible, video is fire, photoshoot is pure glam. Patience isn't just a great song by Guns N' Roses. All good things to those who wait."
Another tidbit comes from Akerlund who spilled the beans on her forthcoming video. "I can tell you that Britney is wearing a couple of hats in this video - not literal hats, but she's playing roles in this video. That is what I can give you," he revealed. "In every role, she is dancing. She is going to be dancing throughout the whole video. Like I said: Dance is the focal point of this video."
"She's taking fashion risks. Things we've never seen her wear before she's wearing in this video, and I think it's just very sexy and it's a little bit playful," he added. "She's going to be doing something in this video that we've never seen her do. I'm not gonna tell you what that is but she's going to be sweating and she's going to be getting bruised and battered."
More Britney Spears News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season