Josh Duhamel, Ryan Seacrest to Get Places in 'New Year's Eve'
Already getting a bunch of top-notch stars, "New Year's Eve" continues expanding its cast ensemble by recruiting Josh Duhamel and Ryan Seacrest. The twosome along with Ice Cube are reportedly in negotiations to star in the romantic comedy.
TheWrap was the first one which reported Duhamel's possible involvement before The Hollywood Reporter confirms it and reveals his role. The "Transformers" actor is reportedly to play "a hopeless romantic who spends the day trying to get to New York in the hope of getting to a party in order to re-meet a mystery girl from the previous year."
While Duhamel is in talks for a lead role, "American Idol" host Seacrest would only make a cameo appearance and portray himself. Rapper/actor Cube, in the meantime, would play an NYPD cop who is working with the director of the Times Square festivities, played by Hilary Swank.
Duhamel was last seen in "Life as We Know It" and will reprise his role as Major Lennox in "Transformers: Dark of the Moon", Seacrest previously appeared in "Get Smart" and "Knocked Up", while Cube last starred in "Lottery Ticket".
"New Year's Eve" is developed following the success of "Valentine's Day". Garry Marshall will tackle the helming duty with plans to start the production on February 1, 2011 in New York. Robert De Niro, Ashton Kutcher, Lea Michele, Jessica Biel, Zac Efron and Halle Berry are some of the stars who will be featured in the film that is set for December 9, 2011 U.S. release.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son