Video Premiere: Wiz Khalifa's 'On My Level'
Wiz Khalifa continues to glorify "sticky green." This time round, the Pittsburgh rapper has a weed toast with his pals in a music video of "On My Level". The song features fellow rapper Too Short and will be a video-only track, which means that it's likely not included in his upcoming album.
He names the album "Rolling Papers" and will release it across United States on March 29. In a recent Ustream session, he insisted the title is not merely about the weed thing. "It's bigger than that," he said. "The second reason why I call it that is when I left Warner Bros. [without every releasing anything], I got my rolling papers... I was able to walk, I was able to leave, I was able to do my thing. That's another pair of papers I really needed in my life."
The title also refers to how he lays down his music. "I quit writing like a long time ago," he gushed. "Not like I don't write my own songs. But I stopped physically writing them down or putting them into my Blackberry or iPhone or something like that. I write notes down, but I don't write whole verses. So it was like I was saying goodbye to the paper."
The album reportedly will feature Snoop Dogg, Rick Ross, Curren$y and also Too Short. Of what he has to offer, the "Black and Yellow" MC once again points out, "[It's] about more than just weed ... It's about my life and my carer and how I got to where I am now." It will be released under Atlantic Records.
Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" music video
More Wiz Khalifa News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance