Video Premiere: Wiz Khalifa's 'On My Level'
Wiz Khalifa continues to glorify "sticky green." This time round, the Pittsburgh rapper has a weed toast with his pals in a music video of "On My Level". The song features fellow rapper Too Short and will be a video-only track, which means that it's likely not included in his upcoming album.
He names the album "Rolling Papers" and will release it across United States on March 29. In a recent Ustream session, he insisted the title is not merely about the weed thing. "It's bigger than that," he said. "The second reason why I call it that is when I left Warner Bros. [without every releasing anything], I got my rolling papers... I was able to walk, I was able to leave, I was able to do my thing. That's another pair of papers I really needed in my life."
The title also refers to how he lays down his music. "I quit writing like a long time ago," he gushed. "Not like I don't write my own songs. But I stopped physically writing them down or putting them into my Blackberry or iPhone or something like that. I write notes down, but I don't write whole verses. So it was like I was saying goodbye to the paper."
The album reportedly will feature Snoop Dogg, Rick Ross, Curren$y and also Too Short. Of what he has to offer, the "Black and Yellow" MC once again points out, "[It's] about more than just weed ... It's about my life and my carer and how I got to where I am now." It will be released under Atlantic Records.
More Wiz Khalifa News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation