'Charlie's Angels' Hires Minka Kelly and Rachael Taylor
It was reported last week that "Charlie's Angels" casting department has nabbed Annie Ilonzeh to portray one of the tough angels. TV Line now comes out with the other two casting news, saying Minka Kelly and Rachael Taylor are in negotiations and are close to strike a deal.
Kelly is the "Friday Night Lights" alumna who also had a recurring role on "Parenthood". Her character is yet to be named but it's because producers reportedly tailored it to the actress because they have had her name for quite sometime. In the original plan, Kelly is to play Marisa, "a former U.S. Marine, a weapons expert trained in all forms of hand-to-head combat and a neat freak."
Taylor meanwhile was the sexy computer analyst in the first "Transformers" movie. Her character is named Abby who is not only the youngest but also sassiest. TV Line described the character as "the beautiful and privileged daughter of a notorious Wall Street crook who is an expert con artist herself as well as a Krav Maga expert."
"Charlie's Angels" which is co-produced by Drew Barrymore will feature three new angels living in Miami to battle crimes as private eyes. Robert Wagner has been cast to voice the character Charlie who has never shown his face before. Alfred Gough and Miles Millar are writing the script for the pilot. No clue yet when the filming will start and when it would premiere on ABC.
More Charlie's Angels News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns