'Charlie's Angels' Hires Minka Kelly and Rachael Taylor
It was reported last week that "Charlie's Angels" casting department has nabbed Annie Ilonzeh to portray one of the tough angels. TV Line now comes out with the other two casting news, saying Minka Kelly and Rachael Taylor are in negotiations and are close to strike a deal.
Kelly is the "Friday Night Lights" alumna who also had a recurring role on "Parenthood". Her character is yet to be named but it's because producers reportedly tailored it to the actress because they have had her name for quite sometime. In the original plan, Kelly is to play Marisa, "a former U.S. Marine, a weapons expert trained in all forms of hand-to-head combat and a neat freak."
Taylor meanwhile was the sexy computer analyst in the first "Transformers" movie. Her character is named Abby who is not only the youngest but also sassiest. TV Line described the character as "the beautiful and privileged daughter of a notorious Wall Street crook who is an expert con artist herself as well as a Krav Maga expert."
"Charlie's Angels" which is co-produced by Drew Barrymore will feature three new angels living in Miami to battle crimes as private eyes. Robert Wagner has been cast to voice the character Charlie who has never shown his face before. Alfred Gough and Miles Millar are writing the script for the pilot. No clue yet when the filming will start and when it would premiere on ABC.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says